RO product "freckled" vendor utility, how to use?

Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi all!

I've been looking for a freckled skin (aside from v4 katie) for AGES now, and have read every thread about this topic, but I was looking on RO and came across "Merchant Resource - Freckled - for V4.2, Aiko 4, Genesis"

How does it work? If it's simple to apply freckles to skins I have, it's got me hook line and sinker. Would like to hear some possible feedback before I get it.

Comments

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

It's a full skin with the freckles on it, you're not going to be able to lift them off and put them on a different skin texture.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

From what I can see, you're not adding freckles to a skin. What you're getting is skin with freckles already on it. If I'm reading the information on the product page correctly, it's skin you can use on any V4, A4 or Genesis character.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    It's a full skin with the freckles on it, you're not going to be able to lift them off and put them on a different skin texture.

You type to fast Fisty. You beat me to it. :coolsmirk:
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

From experience, good quality K4 skins are as hard to find as unicorn horns. There are a few out there, but sady only a few. Luckily I have texture converter so I can reverse them out from a V4 skin into K4, but even then there aren't many V4 skins which work well on younger figures. What you might find worth a look is the Skin Overlay bundle in the store. It allows you to take any existing texture and put freckles over it. It's intended for V4/V5 but it works fairly well on K4 textures as well as even V6. At least as far as freckles go.

You could do worse than to give it a look.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Guessing that you use DS but have you tried using shadermixer to add freckles procedurally? If you go to the Rendo Poser forum or RDNA's Poser forums and search for posts by Bagginsbill, you will find several threads on using different nodes to create different skin imperfections. Granted, he does these using Poser's material room but it should give you an idea what bricks in the shadermixer to try. IIRC, the fresnel node plays a big part.

There was also a thread here in the commons about creating clay shader and glitter shader in shadermixer a while back. You could use the basics of glitter shader as a base for the freckle shader and go from there.

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,145
    edited December 1969

Zev0 also has a couple products in the Daz store.
    http://www.daz3d.com/skin-overlay-for-v4-and-m4-skin-sets
    and
    http://www.daz3d.com/skin-overlay-for-v5-and-m5-skin-sets

It might not be obvious, but they aren't featured, but they contain freckles layers.