To indicate the rendering presets, camera presets, light presets and if there's postwork or not

lvls3dxlvls3dx Posts: 48
edited June 2020 in Product Suggestions

As the long title says, I firmly believe that all the renders used for the products sold at the Daz's shop should indicate all these infos.

Personally I already developed my own style, so I am not advocating for my own agenda here. But I believe it's misleading for newbie users, who many of them just use default daz3d values for lights, cameras and such, to not indicate the settings used for each render. At worst, that situation leads to lots of wasted time -the most valuable resource anyone can have in their lives- and frustration torwards such a powerful tool as it is Daz itself.

Of course saying if postwork was used or not should be a must. I think the logic behind this statement is so basic that it shouldn't even had to be explained.

Please, think about it. Thanks for reading.

Post edited by lvls3dx on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,340
    edited June 2020

You need to bear in mind that the things you list, if only in the thread title, do not leave fossils in the scene file from which they can be identified - and of course it's likely that experienced artists will use presets only as a starting point, and may use their own rather than taking them from a store product, so this isn't a really practical suggestion.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on