Open a script (.dsa) in script ide per script

Hello,

is it possible to open a script file per script in the script ide?

(I saw the misc DzScript classes, but did not see anything like this)

Any hint is welcome.

Kind regards,

Ruediger Kabbasch

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,211
    edited June 2020

The ScriptIDE pane can open multiple files in tabs within the pane, if that is what you mean - use the pane's own File menu.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346

No, not exactly.

What I meant is:

I have a bunch of script "libraries" that are used by other scripts. When a user double click on such a library I just show a message that this is a library and not meant bo be executed.

Now I want to extend this. If the extension of the library file name is still ,dsa I want to open the file in the script IDE instead of showing the message.

Is this possible?

• It is certainly possible to have one script include another. If your libraries are not to be run directly put them in the /data folder, then  you can use the method here http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/file_find/start to access them. You casn have the calling script define a variable, the library script can then check that that exists and flash up the error message if not (you could also have the script check its path and error if it starts in data - included scripts, I believe, have the including script's context.

• ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346

Thanks for your reply Richard, but it does not answer my question smiley.

The finding and using of the script works already perfect, there's no problem at all.

I attached an image the may explain it a bit better what I want to do.

script_open_script.png
    680 x 1141 - 189K