New tips for load Genesis and manage categories

because of this post:
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/413721/genesis-8-occupies-5-8gb-of-ram

1. I would like to propose to DAZ programmers, if in the new version of the program, when you double-click on a Genesis character, the program asks you if you want to load only the figure, or even just the basic morphs (head morph, body morph and morph expression if you bought them) the basic characters (Victoria 8, Gia 8, etc.) or all the morphs in the Morph folder ..... if you have dozens.
It could be very useful if you have to use many characters in the scene and you have little RAM in the PC.

2. Also, if you can create a drag and drop tool to move clothes, hair, accessories, etc. on customized categories.
At the moment, you have to do one by one, instead it would be very useful to have two modules to copy the contents from the directories on HD into the categories of the database. (a bit like placing two explorers side by side and moving files)
Now I have casual clothes, fantasy clothes, uniforms all in the same folder of clothes

What do you think? with a new version or an update.

How do I create the scripts? with what language? maybe I can do the forms.

Tagan

Comments

• 1. It already drops the bulk of the morph data (the deltas that define how the shape changes) for zeroed morphs. You can always uninstalll stuff you don't want loaded - for products from Daz you will be prompted to reisntall them if you load a scene that uses and DS knows you own them.

2. You can already categorise an entire folder or group of selected files by right-click>Categorise in the Content Library pane. I don't know if drag-and-drop from the Content Library to Smart Content with the compatible item loaded into the scene and selected works with multiple items, i've never tried.