Facial Morphs

Does anybody now how to add facial morphs to an original figure head that has a face rig, that could in turn have G8 facial aniblocks applied to them?

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,013
    edited June 2020
    kwannie said:

Does anybody now how to add facial morphs to an original figure head that has a face rig, that could in turn have G8 facial aniblocks applied to them?

edited: for an original figure? You would make morphs the same way you would for any figure.

For G8's facial aniblocks to be applied, the rigging in your original figure would have to have all the same bones. Take note that there are very many bones in G8's face. One would probably find it easier to make aniblocks for the figure itself.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • kwanniekwannie Posts: 865

Thanks Catherine, you are precisely the person I hoped to hear from. So it is a figure that has a face rig which allows the bones to move the lips, eyelids cheeks... and so forth. It does not have morphs that have been created for blinking or visemes or moving eyes and doesn't have any facial dials in the parameters tab. So I am sure I could use the Hexagon Bridge to export the the head and create facial morphs and bring back in and have morph loader create the dials. I wanted to use preset facial data from an MMD conversion that I created an aniblock for but the face rig does differ so I guess that is out the window. LOL.  Was just hoping somebody might offer a magic trick to share facial data with custom characters. These tricks do sometimes come up........

edited June 2020
    kwannie said:

Thanks Catherine, you are precisely the person I hoped to hear from. So it is a figure that has a face rig which allows the bones to move the lips, eyelids cheeks... and so forth. It does not have morphs that have been created for blinking or visemes or moving eyes and doesn't have any facial dials in the parameters tab. So I am sure I could use the Hexagon Bridge to export the the head and create facial morphs and bring back in and have morph loader create the dials. I wanted to use preset facial data from an MMD conversion that I created an aniblock for but the face rig does differ so I guess that is out the window. LOL.  Was just hoping somebody might offer a magic trick to share facial data with custom characters. These tricks do sometimes come up........

Yes one can use Hexagon to make such facial morphs. You might find it handy to reassign some mesh to different {temp} Shading Domains in Hexagon in order to reach it all to morph. Be careful of the teeth ;-)

You can try the aniblock and see what happens. However once you've made all those morphs for blinking , visemes, etc. you could also then make morph/shaping presets from them. {and undo ones too}. Then with the figure selected apply one at a time and start making aniblocks. I haven't made aniblocks for awhile, it takes a bit of trial and error to get the workflow working.

One does not need to make aniblocks in order to animate. Can apply the various pose and morph presets to the figure anywhere along the timeline.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817
    edited June 2020

bones are harder than morphs

with morphs a mimic dmc configuration file populaties the values for visemines and facial expression so can work on any figure with the correctly allocated morph names

but

bone translation is a precise action in x,y,z coordinates so needs identical bone rigs occupying the same space

maybe create morphs from your bone rigged expressions if you can export them posed from MMD and load them in morphloader with names to match the DAZ ones

then you need to move them to the head under pose not under actor

there is a way to do this in edit mode on parameters and my sieve brain forgets every time and has to try several things before I get it right.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Right-click on the dial to enter Edit mode, then right-click again {because it vanishes with each use} and go to Property Group, assign the new property.

When saving modified morphs, remember to save them back to exactly the same folders you placed them in the first time. D/S does not recognize 2 morphs with the same name, i.e. one will work and the other be ignored.