[Out Now] Fantasy Trapped Vault [Commercial]

Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635

Out Now: Fantasy Trapped Vault

The treasure of a lifetime lies in the vault, ready for the taking. All our heroes need to do is cross the hall and open the stone doors. But that's easier said than done when the traps could spring at any time to catch unwary thieves...

Fantasy Trapped Vault is a complete interior environment with poisoned-dart traps, spiked pit trap, and door lock blade-traps. And treasure for the vault, of course.

The floor has 3 pressure plates that depress. The darts are grouped and offset to avoid looking unnaturally regular as they shoot out (just grab a group and slide the 'shoot' parameter). Dart also has 2 uv sets for subtle differences when side by side. There are 9 floor tiles as individual props above the spike trap for customizable drops - set also comes with a pose preset to drop the tiles (and another to reset them).

On the vault doors is written a riddle in ancient Cunieform script (but English language since I don't speak ancient Sumerian :p) "The Moon Rises East, The Sun Sets West, The River Flows South, Scorpion Stings" - your characters must solve it to kndw the correct order to open the door locks or else the blades will spike their arm ;)

The vault doors slide open. The treasure comes with gold, silver, and bronze options, and 5 colour options for the gem (or use the surfaces tab to make them any other colour).

The chest has 3 hierarchical pose files for the lid 'on', 'leaning' or on the 'floor'. The torch is included and comes with morphs for the flame and handheld 'wearable presets' for Genesis 8 male and female. The flame morphs are designed to be used in combination.

4 light planes and an optional 'tone mapping' preset completes the lighting. Depending on the camera, deleting some of these lights/torches will make for more dynamic lighting.

The set also comes with 7 cameras to get you started with rendering.

Do you dare challenge the traps of Fantasy Trapped Vault to gain the treasure for yourself?

^Click pics for much bigger versions :)

FTV Popup_01.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 281K
FTV Popup_02.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 290K
FTV Popup_03.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 385K
FTV Popup_04.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 527K
FTV Popup_07.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 387K
FTV Popup_08.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 292K
FTV Popup_11.jpg
1200 x 1200 - 360K
FTV Popup_12.jpg
1400 x 1400 - 589K
Post edited by Silent Winter on

Comments

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,549

Cool, I could have used this a couple of years ago. I had the same scene pretty much but I had to make it up LOL

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635

Cool, I could have used this a couple of years ago. I had the same scene pretty much but I had to make it up LOL

I apologise for the delay, lol

• ElorElor Posts: 694

Hello,

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with the lighting of the scene (lighting is still a field I'm not confortable with), but even setting each light plane at a very high value (2 000 000 instead of the default number of 20), they don't seem to have any effect: the torches seems to be the only sources of light in the scene. Applying the Tone Mapping Preset didn't change anything either.

If it's useful, I'm using the last public release of Daz Studio on a Mac.

• NVidia changed the way Iray worked with invisible emitters - initially making them not work at all - unfortunately, that broke these so-called 'Ghost lights'. That means those light planes won't work as is. Even the torches had a ghost-light effect around them to avoid blowing out the colours - also broken.

There's been a more recent update that allows Ghost lights to work but they don't fix the older ones since they rely on other settings. I'm not sure if anyone made a converter from old to new, but for now you'd be better off replacing those invisible planes with new lights or one of the newer ghost light sets.

edited October 2023

Thank you !

It's good to know the problem wasn't between my chair and my keyboard blush

I'll follow your advices, look into what I can do to restore lights in this dark place and hopefully get some knowledge or loots in the process (in exchange of some coins if I'm buying a ghost light products).

Post edited by Elor on
  • You can make the ghost lights yourself - I just don't have DS available to check right now and I'm not sure exactly how the new ones work.

The sets you can buy usually come with helpful ease-of-use features though.

• Thanks Richard yes

Richard Haseltine said:

Creating a "Ghost Light" - Daz Studio 4.21.1.26+ - Daz 3D Forums

Thank you, but I'm not sure it'll work with my version of Daz Studio: when I said I'm using the last public release, I was speaking about using Daz 4.21.0.5, not a beta version blush

• Elor said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Creating a "Ghost Light" - Daz Studio 4.21.1.26+ - Daz 3D Forums

Thank you, but I'm not sure it'll work with my version of Daz Studio: when I said I'm using the last public release, I was speaking about using Daz 4.21.0.5, not a beta version blush

You can run the beta alongside the general release.

edited December 2023

I had some time to spend on trying to ‘fix’ the light panels on this set. First, I followed the short tutorial made by Daz for the release of Daz Studio 4.22, thinking that adding ‘Iray Visible to Primary Rays’ and ‘Iray Ghost Light Factor’ to every one of them would magically fix everything, but, of course, even if some people are able to get magical results from Daz Studio, at its heart, it’s just a piece of technology and adding these two options and setting ‘Iray Visible to Primary Rays’ Off didn’t change anything crying

Then, I tried to understand how the ‘ghost lights’ were set in the original product, and at first, I didn’t get it at all: from my limited understanding, how ‘ghost lights’ worked was by setting the cutout opacity very low and cranking the lumens through the roof, but here, cutout opacity was set at 1.0 and the light level was relatively tame surprise

After applying various shaders, modifying various settings, and looking at the torches, I finally got it and saw what I missed initially: the transparency was set with a cutout opacity map (I saw it because the Fire and Fire_Emiter surface of the torches didn’t have the same cutout map, before, I didn’t see the presence of a cutout opacity map at all blush) enlightened:

For people who are as new to this as me, I removed these cutout opacity map by clicking on the map then ‘none’:

Which ‘fixed’ the light panels, or more precisely, at least, they started emitting light while being invisible themselves smiley

Fixing the torches required a bit more actions, because simply doing what I did with the light panels isn’t enough: as the ‘ghost lights’ of each torch is set as a surface (Fire_Emitter), removing the cutout opacity map and setting ‘Iray Visible to Primary Rays’ Off made the whole torch invisible (at least the one that isn’t an instance), which is not what’s wanted crying

So, I duplicated the torch, and only removed the cutout opacity map and set ‘Iray Visible to Primary Rays’ Off on one of them, keeping the rest as created by @Silent Winter and it seems to me that the fix was propagated to every instance (as it should, but I’m not very experienced with using instances with Daz Studio). That’s how it should look (here, I made the change on the original torch, not the copy, but it should work fine either way):

They are two limitations of this solution. First, light panels cast a shadow and I have no idea if it’s possible to fix that, but as long as you’re not looking directly at one of them, it shouldn’t be a problem. If you are, well, it looks like that:

And second, while I didn’t change the luminosity of the panels or the torches, I have no experience of how the whole place looked with its original ‘ghost lights’. That’s how the place looks from Camera 6’s point of view, with just the changes I spoke about in this message:

cutout_map_01.jpg
    396 x 1016 - 70K
    cutout_map_02.jpg
    216 x 171 - 8K
    cutout_map_03.jpg
    402 x 871 - 81K
    Fantasy Vault Camera 6 fixed.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 272K
    Fantasy Vault Panel Shadow.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 233K
    Post edited by Elor on
  • Thanks for all that - I've not had time yet to work with the new public build and the new ghostlights. Under the old system, setting opacity super low had its own issues so I used the black opacity map instead. this worked great until Nvidia "fixed" it. I also separated the fire colour layer from the emitter layer as too often a bright enough emission washed out the colours.

For reference, the promo page shows renders of what it looked like with the old lights when they were working: https://www.daz3d.com/fantasy-trapped-vault

Though if you want more realistic torches, this set: https://www.daz3d.com/the-torch-and-construction-kit is now under Daz+ pricing (if you're a member). Being a set just for torches, there's a lot more detail than my functional but background effort.

I'm too busy at my day job for another week but I'll try to get time over Christmas hols to get to grips with the new ghostlights and maybe update the set (no promises on a timeframe).