[Released] ROG Fantasy Shields [Commercial]

StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 757

https://www.daz3d.com/rog-fantasy-shields

PRODUCT UPDATE 2023 - Added Genesis 9 support to the product! Store still says G3 & G8 only, but I hope it will be updated there soon too.

No armor ? no problem!

The Fantasy shields are a collection of 7 unique shields with a total of 55+ (65+ if you count the default materials) paint variants, so hopefully there will be something for everybody.

I like when everything is connected so there's a few shield paints that match the style of the 'Coming soon(tm)' Bone Breaker Armor.

In addition to that, I'm hoping to include matching shield paint material presets with future armors that are on the way too.
Also since Roguey and I tend to use a lot of shields as decoration in our environments, we'll make it so that any new paints that come with our environments will also work with these wearable shields. It's no extra work for us and everybody gets a bit more use out of things I hope.

There's morphs included to scale the shields up or down independtly from the straps and grip, so if you feel the shield is too large or too small, you can tweak it without having to scale the whole shield and ending up with a backside that doesn't fit the arms anymore, making it easier to fit on large or short figures at a size that fits them better.

One of the testers (Thanks Diva!) also found out that they make decent bases to present your warriors

The 7 shields in their unpainted, default variants:

And a few additional promos:

Post edited by StrangeFate on

Comments

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

Still waiting for the bone crusher to be released and now you tease with this? C'mon, man. Ya' killin' me!!

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 757

@creationz8 - You and me both :) Can't be long now!

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

Wish I had a 3D printer - what a great idea to use these as bases!

- Greg

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Nice!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited June 2020

I had the pleasure of getting to beta test this - it is a VERY COOL set! Lots of great options! Everything by Strangefate and Roguey is extremely detailed and realistic, right down to paint chipping, scratches, dents, and dings - everything you'd expect to see in real shields that have seen real battles.

Here's a quick render I did (though I didn't do this great set justice).

G8F - Angaharad 8 w Silk Shadow Outfit and ROG Shield.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Post edited by 3Diva on
  • GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,549

Very cool set

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635

Awesome - these'll go well with the Bonecrusher Armour as the heroes relax in the Red Crow Inn. Cool idea to use them as bases too :)

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,311
    edited June 2020

@divamakeup: a proper fantasy warrioress outfit and a perfect showcase for @strangefate's work.  Well done all round. 

Cheers,

Alex.

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • inception8inception8 Posts: 280

These look phenomenal. Excellent craftsmenship.

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413

- Greg

you should check out Strangefate's facebook page lots of photos of their creations they've 3d printed they look really cool

- Greg

you should check out Strangefate's facebook page lots of photos of their creations they've 3d printed they look really cool

Yeah I'm familiar - the articulation and interchangeable parts are so cool!

- Greg

Shields are out!

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Instant buy for me laugh thank you for that!!

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,311

On the wish list for the moment but they will be mine!

Cheers,

Alex.

• pdspds Posts: 593

Happy this was released on the heels of the new armor set. Looking forward to what you and Roguey deliver next.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Instant buy for me laugh thank you for that!!

+1

(Happy dance!)

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Immediately in my cart. Thank you!

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Got it and new armor! Your promos are awesome too. Stacking shields for a base, so cool! smiley

Well, thanks for all the support :)

• brimstoneomegabrimstoneomega Posts: 343
    edited July 2020

Thank you for making all this great stuff! I'm having a blast with the new releases!

Callan Barbarian.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by brimstoneomega on

@brimstoneomega - Glad to hear that :)

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308
    edited July 2020

This is my first go at these AWESOME shields. Admittedly simple render, but this Shield Wall brought some joy to my Viking heart. Thanks for such an amazing product with a stunning amount of variety.

DS_Shield_Wall_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    3440 x 1440 - 2M
    Post edited by Gogger on
    Gogger said:

This is my first go at these AWESOME shields. Admittedly simple render, but this Shield Wall brought some joy to my Viking heart. Thanks for such an amazing product with a stunning amount of variety.

What a fantastic image, @Gogger!

- Greg

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    Gogger said:

I love all the colors and textures in this image.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308
    edited July 2020
    Gogger said:

What a fantastic image, @Gogger!

- Greg

Aw, thanks Greg (you too, BARBult -Ma'am)  FWIW I setup the bottom row, copied it and then made adjustments on the x axis, rotated the outside shields on their Y axis and adjusted the top layer even more on the x axis translating each successive row back on Z and then put different textures on each shield - so, a little effort and thought went into this.  I used DimensionTheory's iRadiance for lighting, used a little DoF in camera and VOILA! 

Post edited by Gogger on

There is an update in DIM for your shields. Something needed fixing? Asking because I have a portrait and I'm using a shield in it.

When I open a scene where I've used your product, does the recent update get applied to that product?

• Hey, the update only fixes a texture, so yes, once you update the product, the textures will be automatically updated in whatever scenes they're being used.

And I love that SHield wall render @Gogger :)

Hey, the update only fixes a texture, so yes, once you update the product, the textures will be automatically updated in whatever scenes they're being used.

Awesome! Thanks! yes

edited July 2023

Just a quick update to let owners know that the ROG Fantasy Shields now have G9 support too, so if you update the product, you should get wearables of all shields for G9.

Post edited by StrangeFate on
  • Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408

Strangefate said:

Just a quick update to let owners know that the ROG Fantasy Shields now have G9 support too, so if you update the product, you should get wearables of all shields for G9.

great thanks !