Can't download purchased items

XfitzXfitz Posts: 96
edited December 1969 in The Commons

After purchasing an item on my PC (not my Mac) I am getting a window that says ..."unable to open this helper application...The protocol specified is not valid". Then when I attempt to install the Download Manager (again) I get a message that says "My security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded."

My PC recently needed someone to come in and remove a virus. I am thinking that person did something to my security settings because I did not have this problem with DAZ until after that episode. I am reluctant to change my settings tho, since that recent virus was costly both in time and money.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Sounds like the new security settings are not allowing the DIM downloader helper to function ...

You should be able to access your files "manually" through the Product Library.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

What browser, AV, and Firewall are you using?

• XfitzXfitz Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

Sounds like the new security settings are not allowing the DIM downloader helper to function ...

You should be able to access your files "manually" through the Product Library.

No can't get manual to work either, plus that can be a pain in the butt for some products.

edited December 1969

I. Browser both Chrome and Explorer. Neither works. AV I don't know what that is Same with firewall setting. I t appears DAZ is allowed thru the firewall but. To be honest I am out of my league when it comes to these things.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited December 1969

AV = Antivirus

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

When you get the message "your security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded", if you click or right-click on that message, do you get options lie "Allow this download", "Allow all downloads from this site"?

edited December 1969

When you get the message "your security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded", if you click or right-click on that message, do you get options lie "Allow this download", "Allow all downloads from this site"?

Good question. I don't think so, but I wont be back to my studio until tomorrow, but I will see about that then.