• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
    edited May 2014

Today I have following in my DIM :

- PostgreSQL CMS (64bit)
    - PostgreSQL CMS from Valentina CMS conversion

Am I supposed to install these?

Thanks,
    Peter.

That's the new, more stable, Content Management Service. If you don't install it, DS and the DIM will continue to use Valentina, if you do install the first item you can then install the second to migrate your existing database across (assuming it's healthy) and new content will be added to the PostgreSQL database from then on. Note that only the current public beta, or the latest release version if that has indeed been updated, will use PostgreSQL.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Lonesome CowboyLonesome Cowboy Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

yes, we know this meanwhile, i have read it sometimes now, but

can please anyone say how and where to install???

thanks

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    edited May 2014

First, make a backup of your DS Database via Database Maintenance, in case something goes wrong.
    Next, make sure that the CMS is running.
    Shut down DAZ Studio (not the CMS!).
    Install PostgresSQL CMS.
    Once this has completed installation, start PostgresSQL CMS from Valentina CMS conversion
    This should run a while.
    When it has completed, theoretically, you should be able to start your DAz Studio and all is as usual.

If not, you're in the same boat like myself and many others. I wrote to customer support. Here’s the reply, which solved my problem of "no smart content" just partially:

Please make sure you install the PostgreSQL CMS and the PostgreSQL CMS From Valentina CMS Conversion.
    You can find these in the Install Manager when searching for “sku::18869” without the quotes. If they are already installed, uninstall and re-install.

Make sure DAZ Studio is not running during this process and make sure CMS is running during this process.

Once you’ve installed these, you may need to re-import metadata. This article can instruct you on how to re-import metadata:
    https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/22523891-Trouble-shooting-the-Smart-Content-Pane

What did do the trick was, after following the instructions above, to delete the following subfolder:
    C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\cms

Good luck on your installation. :-)

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,237
    edited December 1969

lee_lhs said:
    What did do the trick was, after following the instructions above, to delete the following subfolder:
    C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\cms

And by doing so, what you have effectively done is removed the PostgreSQL database (the ContentCluster folder within that folder) that held the metadata produced by the conversion. The cmscfg.json file within that folder, that provides port and database path information to DAZ Studio [and Install Manager], will be regenerated [with default values] the next time DAZ Studio [or Install Manager] are launched.

-Rob

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    edited May 2014

It was a last-ditch effort, because nothing else worked. :down:
    Besides, I just renamed it and moved it somewhere else.

Post edited by BeeMKay on