Another product with C8.5 issues (i13 Sento) - (Poser Version of the Product works fine)

ncampncamp Posts: 345
edited May 2014 in Carrara Discussion

Just a heads up. i13 Sento does not play well with Carrara. Looks like the UVs and the geometry don't play well together.

Here is a quick studio render, and a carrara render. Note the black triangles on the wooden surfaces.

Any ideas, or should I just return it?

ncamp

i13_Shendo_C8.5_.png
640 x 480 - 305K
daz_render.png
1010 x 869 - 943K
Post edited by ncamp on

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Try the Poser version first.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

I've found similar things with Stonemason sets. The Poser version does seem better behaved than the DS version. In my case I had to go into the UV editor for the vertex object and untick "Map U values" Then it mapped it properly.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    I've found similar things with Stonemason sets. The Poser version does seem better behaved than the DS version. In my case I had to go into the UV editor for the vertex object and untick "Map U values" Then it mapped it properly.

Was the UV "fix" you mention with the Poser or the DS version? I've used many, many Stonemason products in Carrara, always the Poser version (I don't usually download the DS version), and I don't recall this kind of problem.

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

The poser version worked fine. Too many products these days don't have a real poser version, so I forgot to try.

ncamp

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    edited December 1969

ncamp said:
    The poser version worked fine. Too many products these days don't have a real poser version, so I forgot to try.

ncamp

OK, thanks. I agree, and I'm getting to the point where there are very few products here at DAZ that I'm interested in. I'm pretty much committed to Carrara Pro 8.1 (I bought 8.5 when the price was briefly way down, but have not installed it) and Gen4 characters, and very few new items are coming out. Renderosity seems to have more to choose from, so I'll probably renew my "Prime" membership there (& maybe let my PC membership expire, its hard to find anything to use my $6 coupon on).

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Steve K said:
    Tim_A said:

Was the UV "fix" you mention with the Poser or the DS version? I've used many, many Stonemason products in Carrara, always the Poser version (I don't usually download the DS version), and I don't recall this kind of problem.

It was the DS version. There's nothing to distinguish between them in the content library, other than seeing it say "importing duf", and by the time I noticed the problem, I'd done too much work on it to change.

• eyeseeeyesee Posts: 172
    edited December 1969

Steve K,

Perhaps we could start a "Model Interests" type of thread in the same vein as the "Carrara 9 feature request" thread.
    Where people can put the types of models their interested in.
    As well as general themes, we could even list individual items needed for projects that are being worked on.
    I'm currently looking for Medieval themed items, but they seem a bit thin on the ground or for older models.

It would mean that any artists on the forum would know there's a ready market for their models.

Shame there's no type of voting option on the forum, would save on "me too type" posts and having to count posts to get a idea of numbers. Would have been useful for some other subjects that've been posted (bug reporting for example)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited May 2014

eyesee said:
    Steve K,

Perhaps we could start a "Model Interests" type of thread in the same vein as the "Carrara 9 feature request" thread.
    Where people can put the types of models their interested in.
    As well as general themes, we could even list individual items needed for projects that are being worked on.
    I'm currently looking for Medieval themed items, but they seem a bit thin on the ground or for older models.

It would mean that any artists on the forum would know there's a ready market for their models.

Shame there's no type of voting option on the forum, would save on "me too type" posts and having to count posts to get a idea of numbers. Would have been useful for some other subjects that've been posted (bug reporting for example)

Are you looking for buildings? Look on ShareCG for the Fantasy House buildings by Dryjack. They have an unrestricted use license.
    http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=janglingjack

I designed a scene around them. The scene doesn't come with the houses, but there is a customized terrain and a bunch of included props including a tournament grounds for jousting.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7370483/Fantasy-terrain1.7.zip

Or at ShareCG:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/69697/view/5/3D-Model/Fantasy-Village-terrain

Jousting_copy.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by evilproducer on
  • eyeseeeyesee Posts: 172
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info Evilproducer, Checking them out now !