Down the rabbit hole

This started as a simple camera motion test after watching some of the 48hr animation contest entries linked in another thread. I began to think about why would be moving the camera in the first place and then two days later I'm here. It also became an animation excercise as the M4 is animated from a stock sitting pose as the starting point. Hats off to anyone completing these animation challenges. After 12 seconds of animation I was ready to tear my eyeballs out.

https://youtu.be/SQ2UY9X3Z1Q

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

it's dreadfull when you fall over nekkid and spill the tomato soup wink

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Two days well worth the effort.  Looking forward to more of your animations.  I hope your last sentence expressing frustration is a sign that you have the compulsion of the avid golf duffer.

yesyes

• PGrePGre Posts: 95

Thanks Diomede. Its a labor of love for sure. Carraras animation tools are powerful, but showing their age. At least for character animation. There is so much to keep track of with every motion and every correction has cascading effects throughout the timeline. I ended up making compromises based on how long it would take to fix things. I did learn a ton though.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

"Carraras animation tools are powerful, but showing their age. At least for character animation.... " 

I still find character animation in Carrara can be fun, especially using NLA/clips.  I have many dozens of clips, based on imported mocaps in Poser format, and Carrara's AniMate importer.  Pretty elaborate sequences can be assembled in the Sequencer, using sequences of clips and matching the body part from one end to the next beginning (typically the chest for me).

Regarding the camera, I like a series of books titled "Master Shots: ______"   Vol 1 is "100 Advanced Camera Techniques"  The "Look Inside" at Amazon should give you an idea of the scope:

https://www.amazon.com/MasterShots-Vol-Techniques-Expensive-Low-budget-ebook/dp/B002TKFEY6/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=master+shots&qid=1592346089&sr=8-5

• PGrePGre Posts: 95

I definitely need to spend more time with NLA.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Yes! Very nice camera work there. It's so easy to get it wrong!!!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

wascally wabbitsmiley

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,119
    edited June 2020

_  indecision  _  - -

Post edited by ed3D on