New home page for Daz3d

TrishaTrisha Posts: 86
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Woah! I just clicked on daz3d.com to see what was new and I was blown away by how exciting the front page is! I love the new video showing what you can do with daz. It's very inspiring! Nice work daz people! I love it!

....just thought I'd let you know lol.

Comments

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited May 2014

I like it too - very informative in addition to being attractive and well organized. It gives you the big picture what DAZ is all about in a single, clear page that explains the "What", "How" and "Why" peeps choose DAZ.

Post edited by Dream Cutter on
  • Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Blew me away too! Very eye.....and imagination......catching! Great job!

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,701
    edited December 1969

I appreciate the lack of boobs. I found the last splash page embarrassing to be seen looking at.

• wizwiz Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    I appreciate the lack of boobs. I found the last splash page embarrassing to be seen looking at.

Don't play the "See DAZ Studio in action" video...

Really.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,450
    edited May 2014

wiz said:
    Joequick said:

Really.

Yup! I was initially delighted to see the splash page showing art rather than flesh but then I clicked on the all too tempting "Play" icon and the first thing you see is a full screen nearly naked ass suggestively waddling in your face. Just who makes these decisions? Hugh Hefner? Or someone else with a 1960's mentality?

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited May 2014

wiz said:
    Joequick said:

Really.

Yup! I was initially delighted to see the splash page showing art rather than flesh but then I clicked on the all too tempting "Play" icon and the first thing you see is a full screen nearly naked ass suggestively waddling in your face. Just who makes these decisions? Hugh Hefner? Or someone else with a 1960's mentality?

nearly naked? Seriously you are concerned that they show how their Genesis 2 figure can trigger the most powerful emotions with just a hint, and you think that's not effective? It worked because you are concerned what MIGHT be up a meshed pair of gams that is not even fishnet! Its 3d after all. And what is "nearly" naked, is that like almost clothed? The perspective is suggestive by eliminiting what fascinates and you are focusing on what your imagination is filling in the gap.
    Can't complain about the effectiveness of the video. The music maybe ;)

Post edited by Dream Cutter on
  • ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

wiz said:
    Joequick said:

Really.

Ahhh, that's a shame. I was about to comment that the whole site has just gotten a heap more SFW... shame.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Nearly naked? You might want to look again.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    edited December 1969

Nearly naked? You might want to look again.

I went and looked. The only skin visible is her middle thighs. I mean yes, the animation focuses on the butt and the shorts are tight, but nearly naked? Not even close.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
    edited May 2014

I see more clothing than skin visible, so saying nearly naked is false. And she is just walking, not twerking or anything like that. You see what you want to see:)

Capture.JPG
    280 x 521 - 24K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
    edited May 2014

Th shot after that has "nearly naked" :cheese: We could argure these un-important points whole day:) Bottom line, we see a lot more exposure of skin in the galleries and figure promos, so what is the big deal to be honest.....

Capture2.JPG
    250 x 519 - 19K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
    edited May 2014

Woohoo! The new phonebook's here, and I made the highlight reel! I am somebody now! Woohoo! ;-P

(just don't blink or you'll miss it...lol)

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited May 2014

There's an image at 0:35 of the back of a cyborg girl. Anybody know what image that is and who it's by? I'd love to see the full image.

/edit
    Nvm! Found it in the gallery with a little searching. If anyone else is curious:
    http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/17281/

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • DifferentlyAliveDifferentlyAlive Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

I like the new splash page and the video is cool too!

edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    Woohoo! The new phonebook's here, and I made the highlight reel! I am somebody now! Woohoo! ;-P

Congrats! :cheese:

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    Woohoo! The new phonebook's here, I am somebody now! Woohoo! ;-P

totally unrelated and off topic to the thread i apologize but.......

I opened the door in our apt today saw the phone book sitting outside the door and shouted that down the hallway today. I get the strangest looks sometimes.

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited May 2014

3doutlaw said:

It took me a few tries, but I think I found it...it's at 0.39 seconds in, right? Congratulations!

Post edited by Salem2007 on
    edited May 2014

Yep, I believe it is from 39.2 to 39.7 or something like that, nice catch! It's funny the first time I watched it, it blinked by and I thought, "Wait...what?" Took a long time to zero back in on that specific spot on Youtube, LOL!

My goal is that next year, I will be up to a full second. ;-P

I opened the door in our apt today saw the phone book sitting outside the door and shouted that down the hallway today. I get the strangest looks sometimes.

Agreed, that's the best part about getting a phone book...before I pick it up and drop it into the recycle bin. Though half the population have no idea what that refers to...

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

wiz said:
    Joequick said:

Really.

We did make a less sexy B reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w__oMn5Kx0k You will notice she is now a sexy robot.

edited December 1969

Yea, but...naaah. (especially since my render is not in that one! ;-P )

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited December 1969

....why couldn't the opening focus on her head with her looking back over her shoulder at the camera and winking as she walks away?

...just wondering.

edited December 1969

Probably because that is not part of Skamotions walk animation ;-)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited December 1969

...ach, would have been a more captivating lead in though.