Custom character

BlossomStudiosBlossomStudios Posts: 83
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I need an custom character rabbit for my animation and to be sold on daz3d marketplace

need the following character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pryBNpuPr9I

Custom Budget
$100

Thanks
Guy Donohue

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Moved to The Commons as it is not a Developers Forum topic.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
    edited December 1969

You would need the permission of the maker of the original figure first - and I think, even if you are not wanting exclusive rights, that you will find $100 is a bit on the low side and if yo were thinking of commissioning it to sell under your own name it's way to low.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited May 2014

Truthfully, if you wanted to buy a model for resale you're looking to spend a LOT more than $100. Try at least four digits as a bare minimum. Modeling takes a lot of hours work, and creating a character model also requires rigging, weight mapping and a suite of morphs for things like facial expressions.

Anyone capable of doing the above is probably already publishing their own works, and those who aren't certainly won't be giving it away cheaply so someone else can make a profit on it.

If you're trying to make a start at becoming a publisher, it wouldn't hurt to make something yourself. At least that way you retain full rights to the piece and there are fewer barriers to overcome when trying to sell your work.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Lots of rabbits over at Turbosquid ... check usage rights and/or can contact the artists there.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the rabbit in the video "somewhere".

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Sorry, but I just don't get it. Do you need the figure for artwork or to be used in games? I see no way an artist would create something to be sold by another person - probably under his or her name/nick. It would actually generate fame and profit for that buyer.

Perhaps I misunderstood you, but then please clarify that. And the price is definitely not high enough for games - a typical gaming commercial use license here costs around $2500. See yourself: http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=license&x=0&y=0. The cheapest license for indie games is almost $500...