Slight moments of madness

none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
edited May 2014 in The Commons

Every now and again I find myself 'Barking up the wrong tree' and for 30 seconds or so, (I'm only going to own up to the first 30 seconds) end up trying to do something that's just stupid. I'm sure if the program were a person it would say something like- 'your supposed to hold the handle of the brush!!'
My latest was trying to select the surface of an object in the scene and even hiding those around it, as those were being selected instead. Just to find out that it was an instance. Doh!! :red: Made me laugh.

Hmmm, I blame all the aluminium!!

Post edited by none01ohone on

Comments

• EleleElele Posts: 1,097
    edited December 1969

'your supposed to hold the handle of the brush!!'

Hmmm, I blame all the aluminium!!

XD

You're lucky your program still tries. Mine are all stuck up ***** that completely shut me out... either that or they start making fun of me
    "ask him again... giggle... if he wants to save first ...HAHAHAAHAAAA!!!!"

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

Haha, Maybe in an alternate universe the pop ups would behave like Mrs Doyle from Father Ted.

Are you really sure, Go on have another cup of tea, are you sure now. Go on, go on, go on. :lol:

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

You would be astonished at the amount of time I've spent trying to apply shaders while in the parameters tab...

• wizwiz Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Today I went to click on something in a scene so I could rotate and reposition it, then remembered I was in PhotoShop...

• XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Once, after waiting a really long time for a render to finish, I entered a name for the file in the render window, but clicked on "close" instead of "save". After that I also closed DAZ Studio immediately to open the file in Photoshop and start postworking. But there was no file..... AAAAArgh.....

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

All those sound familiar. :-/

Every time I've moved to new software, I've had a bit of a 'legacy' problem, using keys from other software.
    Since I've started using Blender I find myself clicking the MMB and holding it, while in the Daz Studio scene window, thinking I'll just rotate the view. Plus while using Blender, I had a habit of using the Alt key to change view, which was a throwback from Silo and I'm sure that when I was using Silo, I had the odd Hexagon moment.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
    edited December 1969

In modo and LW one uses the spacebar to drop a tool, accepting the action, and uses the Alt key with other modifiers for rotating and panning the viewport. In Photoshop and Illustrator one uses the space bar for navigation, and the alt key (with various modifiers) for copying. You can guess what happens when switching between applications.