Q: Faveral's Wine Cellar

ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello

From the list it seems that it is just one module.

Other products from Faveral, like Opus Magnum (e.g.) contains a large list of props.

So my question is: Is the wine cellar only the complete set (I just want to be sure)?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
    edited December 1969

The file list shows OBJ files for the parts, so although it loads as a preset it looks as if it can be broken down into parts.

• FaveralFaveral Posts: 415
    edited December 1969

Hi! :)....It's one big scene, but it's made up of about 90 props.....Load the scene, click on any prop and save it as a prop, and you can reuse it in any scene you want to construct.. I hope this helps.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Is there an entrance into the cellar? I can't tell from the promos. I have an immediate use in mind, but I do rather need a way in. :)

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

Faveral.

My wishlist is currently infested with medieval buildings, with your own creations dominating the list. Once I've acquired those, I intend to start on interiors. Your wine cellar will be at the top of that list. It's irresistible, which is quite something when you consider I'm a borderline teetotaler.

Cheers,

Alex.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

How do you do this in Studio? I've always avoided it because I don't know exactly. Select the item and save as a scene asset or something?

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

Select the item.

File > Save as > Support Asset > Figure/Prop Assets

Then choose your folder location and save it out.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited May 2014

is there a quick way to zero the prop at center before saving?

not sure about in ds, but in poser, if the obj origin isn't set at 0,0 coordinates, rotating the object makes it fly out in a big orbit.
    one of the phenomenonons of the dreamhome stuff.

feeling parched. need a nice cellar chilled chardonnay :)

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

You beat me Kat :P
    Tim_A: Yes there is an entrance, you can see it way to the right in this render. However the doors don't open

wc.jpg
    1540 x 822 - 335K
    edited December 1969

not sure about in ds, but in poser, if the obj origin isn't set at 0,0 coordinates, rotating the object makes it fly out in a big orbit.

You can set the coordinates to "0" if they aren't. If the Centerpoint is off....then it is a different process for that. :) Once you have it where you want it, then save as described. (But WHY centerpoints would be off.....This is Faveral we are talking about.... :) They should be spot on.... )

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

You can set the coordinates to "0" if they aren't. If the Centerpoint is off....then it is a different process for that. :) Once you have it where you want it, then save as described. (But WHY centerpoints would be off.....This is Faveral we are talking about.... :) They should be spot on.... )

want to be sure.

i got burned by a dreamland set. translate values showed 0, had to open the cr2 in notepad and hunt down the offsets values. ended up never using the things.

edited December 1969

Center points are dead on! :P.....Kat is right....Before you save the prop, set the xtrans, ytrans and ztrans to zero, then save the prop. It will load centered.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Kat.

And thanks, Faveral, another winner for sure.

(Though I love everything you've done and have most of it--really!--my fave is still that old chuckwagon)

edited December 1969

Anytime. :)

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Faveral said:
    Tim_A: Yes there is an entrance, you can see it way to the right in this render. However the doors don't open

Okay thanks. A few minutes in Carrara's Vertex room & we'll soon have those doors open! :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited December 1969

...nice, wishlisted for now.

Now that I'm broke, sets that would work well for scenes in the Grande Manor from my story are being released.