What is this

icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Checking my product library, I found this

PostgreSQL CMS

It's a manual entry. Did the CMS change or what? What exactly should I do with it?

Comments

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/41482/

New version of Studio with a CMS replacement. Read the thread first.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

i don't see a manual option. it's only for people who use install manager.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

The product page states it was manually added to the list. As in I didn't buy it. I found it odd as DAZ does not usually make a point that something was a manual addition when they add things to your product library.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

PostgreSQL CMS is a new database for DIM, replacing the old Valentina database. I suspect they "manually" added it to the product library so it would show up as an item in your Ready to Download tab of DIM. If you, as I, don't use DS's Smart Content, then you don't need it, but I downloaded it through DIM in any case.

From what I understand, the newPostreSQL CMS works much better than the old Valentina database did.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

I gave up on smart content quite some time ago because I really did nothing for my standard work flow.

I was originally told that if I didn't install the CMS, things like auto fit and/or auto follow (I don't remember if it was both or one of them) would not work if the CMS was not running.

So, does this new CMS replace the old CMS completely or do I need to have both installed? The link posted above doesn't really make it clear.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Replaces it completely. No longer runs all the time, just when DS or DIM are running. Much much faster for me using 64-bit, and much more stable.