Nature - Lake [Commercial]

Andrey PestryakovAndrey Pestryakov Posts: 172
edited June 2014 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Product page of Nature - Lake: http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/nature-lake
Scene for DAZ Studio 4.6 and Poser Pro.
Here you can see the video of scene and some more images... and of course .. listen to music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv4pNR6Abr4

img-HD-1-DS.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 1M
Post edited by Andrey Pestryakov on

Comments

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

oh wow can't wait for this :D

• Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited March 2017

Post edited by Tarina Kivi on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Will we have a option for Live trees as well? I know that will cause heavy ram usage and render times. But it is too pretty a lake to not have some live tree renders done with it too.

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Fantastic work on this... I can think of many uses already.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

OOOH, my wallet's going to hate me when it hits the shop, but who cares! It's MARVELLOUS. As all of your environments, if you ask me (on my personal environment-maker list, you're the first and only tiptoes behind you creep Stonemason and Jack Tomalin).

• Andrey PestryakovAndrey Pestryakov Posts: 172
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your kind words.
    Jaderail, I did not use live trees for two reasons:
    - The use of these trees is connected with the addition that I'm working on now.
    - Live trees occupy larger count of poligons in 4-5 times. It is stopped me when I was creating this scene.

If you ask me where it is better to work with this scene, I would have chosen for it DAZ Studio. The DS can be grouped propsy by one click and it is posible to disable the visibility of multiple objects. In this scene Nature Lake for DS I made ungroup objects, and all heavy objects you can disable one click. This is very useful for safely operating the camera and include one click before rendering images. Unfortunately Poser have not such a function.

img-HD-2-DS.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • UnseenUnseen Posts: 606
    edited December 1969

Really beautiful... :)

edited December 1969

Thank you for the info Andrey. I'm pretty much a DS user and also thank you for the ease of use you created in the set. I have most of if not all your none tropical sets as woodlands are a big part of much of my projects. The fact you plan a add on for this set also sounds very good.
    The Lake is now happily setting in my content ready for me to go play.

• whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

Sorry for being ignorant but what does live trees mean in this case?

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Sorry for being ignorant but what does live trees mean in this case?

It is likely they meant trees that are alive and not just dead timber.

The set hit the shop today and my wishlist too :).

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Live trees are full mesh trees often using transparencies with the leaves! Allot of vendors like to use billboards as it saves on memory usage for allot of their customers. Billboards are flat mesh panels with a tree image added and a transparency map to make the rest of the billboard invisible. I GUESS that's OK but for some camera angles it's not. Regardless, using billboards can tax a system too since there are transparencies that the render engine has to deal with. Full mesh tree's leaves though, most, have transparencies and that can really tax a system when rendering those. The closer the range the slower the render it seems.

Great set. In the cart. And thanks for fully supporting DAZ Studio with a proper DS installer and duf files.

• whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the explanation. This is a no brained for me. I have been looking for a lake like this for a while. It is in my cart as soon as I get home from work. I have already been "rendering" it in my mind today as is.

edited December 1969

Took me a bit to find the right camera position and my lighting is no where as good as Andrey's but I really like this set.

The_Lake.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

Picked this up today! Loved it as soon as I saw it. It's perfect for my personal swamp-y world. :D Thank you! Now we'll see if it kills my computer :p

• Andrey PestryakovAndrey Pestryakov Posts: 172
    edited June 2014

Thank you for your kind words. As for the live trees possibly someday I'll make such an addition.
    Jaderail, render is good but bit dark. Also I would recommend to use of Atmospheric Cameras [ http://www.daz3d.com/atmospheric-effects-cameras-for-daz-studio ], it well conveys sense of depth in the plans.

Post edited by Andrey Pestryakov on
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your kind words. As for the live trees possibly someday I'll make such an addition.
    Jaderail, render is good but bit dark. Also I would recommend to use of Atmospheric Cameras [ http://www.daz3d.com/atmospheric-effects-cameras-for-daz-studio ], it well conveys sense of depth in the plans.
    Yep, I knew the lighting was wrong. I'm not very good with setting up big scene lights on my own. I use more preset lights than not and this was the closest I had to a set with the proper skydome. I have the scene saved and can go back and work on it as I like. I just never got as far as DOF or effects. Just getting that lighting and water reflect was good enoungh for that test. I'm still very pleased with the set. So many neat little places to render from if you look around and find them.