Darren's Commercially Free Music

Hello Everyone!

My name is Darren and I'm a freelance composer. Over the last few years I've been writing free to use music in my off time for anyone to use in their projects, even commercially. I thought maybe it could be useful for anyone making tutorials/videos on here. Currently, I have just over 150 tracks spanning multiple genres available to download here: darrencurtismusic.com

Each track you download comes with a signed Materials Release so you can prove you have my permission to use the music, should you ever need to. It also outlines what you can do with the music, which is pretty much anything except repackaging/redistributing as your own work.

Here are a couple of my latest releases:

"Time's Up" is a tension building theme with dark strings, brass and some clocks.

"Eternal Sleep" is a sad medieval type track featuring the Bazantar.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to write me at [email protected] and I'll get back to you as soon as I'm able. I hope everyone is well, enjoys and finds something useful!

If anyone uses any of the tracks, feel free to let me know! I'd love to put your projects in the credits section on the site!

Best wishes,
Darren

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,294

Thank you very much for your generosity.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Thank you, Darren. I don't normally do animations or videos, but I always appreciate those that offer their efforts to the community for free.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,559

It's good work. Beautiful :)

• Thank you very much for your generosity.

You are very welcome! Thank you!

SixDs said:

Thank you, Darren. I don't normally do animations or videos, but I always appreciate those that offer their efforts to the community for free.

You're welcome! Thank you for the kind words! It's just a modest way for me to try to give back and help anyone who might find a use for the music. Best wishes!

Torquinox said:

It's good work. Beautiful :)

Thank you! I appreciate that!

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,983

_  this is looking pretty good  _

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,013

Nice selection, thank you :-)

• atoxicatoxic Posts: 130

Thanks

• AdenLKAdenLK Posts: 14

Hello. Your work is amazing.
    I'd like to ask if your songs can be used freely in game creation. For example, visual novels. The songs would be separated into a music folder.
    Obviously it would be given due credit in a text file or in the game itself in the acknowledgments.

• ed3D said:

_  this is looking pretty good  _

Thank you, very much!

Nice selection, thank you :-)

You are quite welcome! Thank you!

atoxic said:

Thanks

You're welcome!

adenlkpro said:

Hello. Your work is amazing.
    I'd like to ask if your songs can be used freely in game creation. For example, visual novels. The songs would be separated into a music folder.
    Obviously it would be given due credit in a text file or in the game itself in the acknowledgments.

Thank you! Absolutely! There are several games/visual novels released on Steam that have used some of my free work. I try to keep a list on the site so others can see that there are developers, filmmakers, etc. actually using the music in commercial projects.

Credit is really all I ask, so awesome! Thank you!

• Thank you for sharing this with us! A lot of really great pieces!

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950

Thanks, I am trying to make RPG game this just might be something that I need. I will try to listen and will post here my impressions. Thank Yoy so much.

• Thank you for sharing this with us! A lot of really great pieces!

You're very welcome! And thank you for the kind words! I appreciate that!

Thanks, I am trying to make RPG game this just might be something that I need. I will try to listen and will post here my impressions. Thank Yoy so much.

You're welcome! Hey, that's awesome! If some of my music can be of help, that would be great! Thank you!

• Hello Again,

I'm back with some new free tracks! The first is a dark epic track with booming percussion, powerful, short strings and an intense brass finish. It's called "The Black Blade."

The second piece is a softer, harp melody called "Lake of Destiny." It has a deep reflective feeling.

The third is a cowboy/western theme with a loner kind of mood. I've got a couple distorted guitars in there to give this a kind of modern or hybrid feeling. Here is "Gunslinger from the Brink."

And lastly we have a horror theme that combines a lot of ambient elements with melodic phrases. "They Live in the Mist."

All of these and many more tracks can be downloaded free from my site right here: darrencurtismusic.com

I hope everyone is well and finds the new tracks useful!

• It's been a little while since my previous update due to a lot of personal things in the last few months, but I'm getting back into everything and have a new free track available. This one is an epic, orchestral hybrid called "Epic Nucis."

I hope everyone is well and enjoys! Let me know what you think!

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

Holy Cow!

Many thanks... this is awesome!

• Chumly said:

Holy Cow!

Many thanks... this is awesome!

You are quite welcome! Thank you for the kind words! Much appreciated!

That Epic Nocis would be great for an anime opening or closing credits theme...so grabbed it lol

Great music, keep up the great work.

• Faeryl Womyn said:

That Epic Nocis would be great for an anime opening or closing credits theme...so grabbed it lol

Thank you! I hope it's helped out a lot!

It's been quite some time since I've updated this, but here we go. I have several new tracks published since my last post. Here are a few examples of some of the newer ones.

An epic dark track "Pay the Reaper."

Upbeat hybrid orchestral piece "Break These Chains."

A hybrid Chinese uplifting beat "And the Sun Rises."

These and roughly 200 more are available to download and use right here: https://www.darrencurtismusic.com

I hope everyone is well and enjoys!

Thanks again for the new music, heard the reaper one the other day, sounds great.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,324

desperatemeasurez said:

Faeryl Womyn said:

Thank you! I hope it's helped out a lot!

It's been quite some time since I've updated this, but here we go. I have several new tracks published since my last post. Here are a few examples of some of the newer ones.

An epic dark track "Pay the Reaper."

Upbeat hybrid orchestral piece "Break These Chains."

A hybrid Chinese uplifting beat "And the Sun Rises."

These and roughly 200 more are available to download and use right here: https://www.darrencurtismusic.com

I hope everyone is well and enjoys!

Went check out your website, and have now bookmarked it,   and listened to Break these Chains.  Well done Darren,  its a good tune.