African Village Toolkit Error

taiuritaiuri Posts: 556
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I want to contact to Alessandro AM because his African Village Toolkit has an error loading some of his props, a window appears saying:
"RuntimeError: Bad magic number in .pyc file" like it's showed in pic I adjunt. I installed all the 4 file installer correctly in the runtime path.

Please Alessandro AM or someone else who knows the solution, tell me how can I solve this issue.

Thanks!

african_village_error.png
1366 x 768 - 466K

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

That means the Python version the scripts were compiled in is different from the one in your version of Poser -- Smth Micro has been changing Python versions every Poser version or two. See if your Product Library has separate downloads for different Poser versions -- if not, you'll need to submit a support ticket.

• taiuritaiuri Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

And how can I notice it has separate downloads? I saw the "!create village" icon is a d in purple, diffrent to rest of the files, is that the problem?

That means the Python version the scripts were compiled in is different from the one in your version of Poser -- Smth Micro has been changing Python versions every Poser version or two. See if your Product Library has separate downloads for different Poser versions -- if not, you'll need to submit a support ticket.
    edited December 1969

I mean go to My Account > Product Library and find the product to see if there's a separate download for newer Poser versions.

edited December 1969

No, it's the same, it has 4 installers

I mean go to My Account > Product Library and find the product to see if there's a separate download for newer Poser versions.
    edited December 1969

Your best bet is to open a support ticket You can also PM Alessandro here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/member/messages/pm/1342301

edited December 1969

Ok! I'll contact him, thanks!

Your best bet is to open a support ticket You can also PM Alessandro here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/member/messages/pm/1342301
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,930
    edited May 2014

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the start of this thread sounds like the opening lines for an old Bob Hope sketch?

FADE IN - Bob, in a safari outfit, stands next to a ramshackle desk in a canvas tent in darkest Africa, looking at his broken laptop as a man in a witchdoctor outfit types in lines of code.

WITCH DOCTOR: Here problem Bwana! Bad magic number in .pyc file!

BOB: Wow, Apple really does have service centers everywhere!

WITCH DOCTOR: And lucky for you, me expert on Lion. Most Waziri only know Leopard!

Okay, maybe it's just me... :red:

Post edited by Cybersox on
    edited December 1969

It's funny! ;) Now I hope AM can help me with the trouble to solve it!

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the start of this thread sounds like the opening lines for an old Bob Hope sketch?

FADE IN - Bob, in a safari outfit, stands next to a ramshackle desk in a canvas tent in darkest Africa, looking at his broken laptop as a man in a witchdoctor outfit types in lines of code.

WITCH DOCTOR: Here problem Bwana! Bad magic number in .pyc file!

BOB: Wow, Apple really does have service centers everywhere!

WITCH DOCTOR: And lucky for you, me expert on Lion. Most Waziri only know Leopard!

Okay, maybe it's just me... :red:

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

It's an old problem .... Alessandro doesn't find the time to update the store product, but he has a replacement file ... somewhere
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/18733/#275612

(Maybe send him a PM)

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,619
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    It's an old problem .... Alessandro doesn't find the time to update the store product, but he has a replacement file ... somewhere
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/18733/#275612

(Maybe send him a PM)

Actually the DAZ Studio updated file have been provided to DAZ already a long time ago, and as far as I know DAZ made updated installers with it. About Poser 2014, I need to recompile the scripts: will do it now, send those to DAZ and put a link here as well... hold on for some minutes...

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited May 2014

Sorry - I just wrote that because somewhere, somewhen you wrote you will not update that product ...
    Scripts are a hassle ...

Post edited by Kerya on
    edited May 2014

There you go folks, here the updated scripts for both DS 4.6 (that anyway should already be there if you updated through the DIM), and Poser 2014. I've sent these last to DAZ as well, so that they can update the installers again for the Poser side as well.

DAZ Studio scripts: http://www.alessandromastronardi.com/AfricanVillage/AF_DS4.6_scripts.zip
    Poser 2014 scripts: http://www.alessandromastronardi.com/AfricanVillage/AF_Poser2014_scripts.zip

Poser folks, just unzip and overwrite in the product Runtime:Python:AM:AfricanVillage

Thanks and sorry for the issues. If you want you can reach me directly at "[email protected]"

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
    edited December 1969

Taiuri, I PM'd you as well. Let me know if it all works. Bye

edited December 1969

Yes, it worked! Thank you! ;)

Taiuri, I PM'd you as well. Let me know if it all works. Bye
    edited December 1969

taiuri said:
    Yes, it worked! Thank you! ;)