Chest wrap clothing?

Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi all,

I have a slightly unique item need. I see this a lot in martial arts anime and I think I've seen it a few times in more traditional media as well.

It's basically bandages that wrap around the chest, usually used by women trying to hide their gender. At least that's what I usually see it used for.

So does any anyone know of a chest bandage prop? I'm doing an under cover gender swap render and it would be a great touch!

As always freebies are nice but since it's a little specific anything will do. I can be handy with transmaps if needs be.

Thanks!

Comments

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Breast binding was done to provide some support for the chest, before the bra was invented. It isn't just a martial-arts thing; you might want to look at the historical outfits and see what you can find.

If there isn't a specific wardrobe item for this, I'd suggest taking a sports bra prop, hiding the shoulder straps, and applying texture and bump maps to the rest to simulate a strip of cloth wrapped multiple times. Of course, a purpose-made wardrobe item would be better...

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited May 2014

I did not know that! I was sure there was some historical significance I just never looked.

Good idea, now that I think about it a tube top would work great. But yeah, specific design is always best.

Edit: grammar. On my phone.

Post edited by Testing6790 on
  • Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

That's a killer start. Transmapping that will be easy. If I had a dollar for every time you came my rescue I'd have a larger library.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281
    edited December 1969

SickleYeild has a set of small wraps which might also work. It's an older product, on Rendo.

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

SickleYield also has this freebie over at ShareCG:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/58492/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Sickle-Free-Wrap-Top-Genesis

I had been using this for my Japanese Onna-bugeisha, and Kunoichi until I created my own wraps in Marvelous Designer. It works really well.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

As DaremoK3 said, Sickle has that cute freebie tube top and some textures for it. Plus, there is plenty of bandage sets at her shop over at Rendo as well as clothes that match Free Wrap for Genesis. They should help and look even more alike what you're looking for than those bandages from RDNA.