Is there a way to have opitex dynamic freebies to follow a figure?

Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Those qualified to answer will know that fitting the clothing to the figure makes the dynamics go bonkers if not break outright.

Would parenting it to a null and then parenting the null to the figure work? Posing the clothing is fine but if you're doing multiple different poses constantly chasing the figure can get tedious.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    edited December 1969

Seems you are missing then point of dynamics. Fitting only works when there is rigging, which dynamic doesn't have. Dynamics should be parented to the figure and then it will follow the figure when draped (depending on the pose)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,366
    edited December 1969

Some of DS dynamics is rigged to fit a particular figure, if its not or you are using it on a different figure either parent and pose and drape, when you have the drape you want you can freeze the item.
    You can also do an animated drape.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

No no no I'm sorry I seem to have worded it poorly. Not form fit, just like a parent so it follows the general figure translation and rotation.

Apologies.

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

ALL of the Optitex dynamic clothes are rigged so parenting is not necessary. ALL Optitex dynamic clothes in DAZ Studio are a hybrid of conforming and dynamic. You need to fit the clothing to the character instead and it will conform just like conforming clothes but with pokethru then the simulation will take care of the pokethru.

BUT the clothes need to be rigged to Genesis 1 & 2 in order to work on static drapes with the new figures.

I believe all of the freebees in the Optitex website were created for generation 4 so they wont fit to genesis. In that case then you need to start from a T-pose and create a small animation in the timeline from T-pose to desired pose like you do with Poser.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYCoQ0EKOpY&list=PL7649E5309689A8C1
    You are going to "fit to" and then unfit the item, you just want the plugin to acknowledge the item. You need to unfit it since the bone structure in Generation 4 is different than Genesis 1 & 2. Then run an animated simulation and the Generation 4 dynamic clothes will work fine in Genesis 1 & 2.

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Or, load the outfit into the same scene, don't fit to Genesis, try applying the same pose to the outfit as t genesis. You can even copy Genesis, paste pose to figure. Some tweaking will be needed, but it will get you close. The regular OptiTex drape will work from there-- the clothing doesn't have to be fitted to OR parented to the figure, it just needs to have the figure selected in the drape control.

(But parenting the clothing to the figure will help a lot if you decide to move the figure.)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970
    edited December 1969

SimonWM said:
    ALL of the Optitex dynamic clothes are rigged so parenting is not necessary. ALL Optitex dynamic clothes in DAZ Studio are a hybrid of conforming and dynamic. You need to fit the clothing to the character instead and it will conform just like conforming clothes but with pokethru then the simulation will take care of the pokethru.

BUT the clothes need to be rigged to Genesis 1 & 2 in order to work on static drapes with the new figures.

I believe all of the freebees in the Optitex website were created for generation 4 so they wont fit to genesis. In that case then you need to start from a T-pose and create a small animation in the timeline from T-pose to desired pose like you do with Poser.
    You are going to "fit to" and then unfit the item, you just want the plugin to acknowledge the item. You need to unfit it since the bone structure in Generation 4 is different than Genesis 1 & 2. Then run an animated simulation and the Generation 4 dynamic clothes will work fine in Genesis 1 & 2.

Not ALL are rigged, the Dynamic Kimono for one is not. I agree that most (90+%) are, though.
  • Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

zigraphix said:
    Or, load the outfit into the same scene, don't fit to Genesis, try applying the same pose to the outfit as t genesis. You can even copy Genesis, paste pose to figure. Some tweaking will be needed, but it will get you close. The regular OptiTex drape will work from there-- the clothing doesn't have to be fitted to OR parented to the figure, it just needs to have the figure selected in the drape control.

(But parenting the clothing to the figure will help a lot if you decide to move the figure.)

I'm pretty sure that parenting to the figure makes the dynamic cloth not appear in the plugin?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited May 2014

Those qualified to answer will know that fitting the clothing to the figure makes the dynamics go bonkers if not break outright.

Would parenting it to a null and then parenting the null to the figure work? Posing the clothing is fine but if you're doing multiple different poses constantly chasing the figure can get tedious.

Dynamic items are not made for conforming clothing use. It will not work as standard clothing does. I has to be Dynamic Draped. It simply is not designed for load pose and render use as conforming items are.

The others have covered the Dynamic use very well...
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    SimonWM said:

Not ALL are rigged, the Dynamic Kimono for one is not. I agree that most (90+%) are, though.

LOL, more like 99.9%. The Kimomo is one of the few that are not rigged and its a special case; because of its sleeves it cannot be rigged. Unless its exceptions like certain capes and items with extra long panels like the kimono, non wearable items like tablecloths, flags etc. it will always be rigged.

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

zigraphix said:

I'm pretty sure that parenting to the figure makes the dynamic cloth not appear in the plugin?

Could be-- I don't think I've tried it, to be honest. But if neither the figure nor the OptiTex item are parented to anything, then you can copy the figure and paste the pose and the clothing will move to the same position as the figure. The origins might not be the same, though, so you might still need to adjust the position as well as the pose.

Reminder to Poser users reading this thread: DAZ Studio dynamic items do not work the same as Poser (or other software) dynamic items. Normally they do conform to the figure and pose before draping. As SimonWM says, they are (with very few exceptions) hybrid dynamics, rigged to allow posing, but specially made to work with the OptiTex cloth simulator. Because of this, they don't tend to support as many morphs and shapes as conventional or TriAx rigged clothes, but they are easier to use than clothes requiring an animated drape.