Aiko 5 and Stephanie 5 textures on G2F

NaviNavi Posts: 452
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello,

I've been watching a couple items on the current genesis 1 sale, and was wondering if the Aiko 5 and Stephanie 5 textures would work on G2F ? In case it's important, I don't have V5 for genesis (I've only got gen2 characters, so far : V6, S6, etc).

About in the same way, would some characters (the textures, I mean) from 3rd party vendors made for A5 work on G2F, if I don't have either V5 or A5 ?

Sorry if the answers to these questions are obvious, I just don't know how it works, and would prefer to know about it before buying stuff today :)

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited May 2014

You'll be wanting this: Generation 5 UV Bundle.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • NaviNavi Posts: 452
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the tip :) - so just to make sure I've got the idea, if I just buy Aiko 5, it won't work on G2F without this product, right ? It's not just to use Aiko 5 3rd party chars on G2F without owning Aiko 5 in the 1st place ?

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970
    edited December 1969

navibass said:
    Hello,

I've been watching a couple items on the current genesis 1 sale, and was wondering if the Aiko 5 and Stephanie 5 textures would work on G2F ? In case it's important, I don't have V5 for genesis (I've only got gen2 characters, so far : V6, S6, etc).

About in the same way, would some characters (the textures, I mean) from 3rd party vendors made for A5 work on G2F, if I don't have either V5 or A5 ?

Sorry if the answers to these questions are obvious, I just don't know how it works, and would prefer to know about it before buying stuff today :)

The quick is is, "yes, probably!" Probably as it will depend on the UV map that the textures use and what products you have that expand the UV map 'gene pool' for G2F. In addition there is the added complication of the G2F/M figures only accepting textures via .duf format files, but that is simply (if a little long-windedly) got around.

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    navibass said:
    Hello,

The quick is is, "yes, probably!" Probably as it will depend on the UV map that the textures use and what products you have that expand the UV map 'gene pool' for G2F. In addition there is the added complication of the G2F/M figures only accepting textures via .duf format files, but that is simply (if a little long-windedly) got around.

Thank you :) , I think I'll just get Aiko 5 and see how it does (it's textures are .duf, according to product page).

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

navibass said:
    Thank you for the tip :) - so just to make sure I've got the idea, if I just buy Aiko 5, it won't work on G2F without this product, right ? It's not just to use Aiko 5 3rd party chars on G2F without owning Aiko 5 in the 1st place ?
    The textutres will work just fine. You can also apply the morphs too if you have Generation X2. All the looks of Genesis but with the benefits of Genesis 2. It's a win-win.
    edited December 1969

navibass said:
    The textutres will work just fine. You can also apply the morphs too if you have Generation X2. All the looks of Genesis but with the benefits of Genesis 2. It's a win-win.

Thank you :) , then the "A5 and S5 for G2F" product you've linked would be needed only if I don't have Aiko 5 itself, I guess. That's the point I was unsure about. I think I'll get Aiko 5 for now, as the textures are looking great, as well as her makeups, this could be useful.

And yes, for the morphs I've got GenX2 anyway :) - Been using it a lot for V4 stuff :) .

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited May 2014

navibass said:
    navibass said:

Thank you :) , then the "A5 and S5 for G2F" product you've linked would be needed only if I don't have Aiko 5 itself, I guess. That's the point I was unsure about. I think I'll get Aiko 5 for now, as the textures are looking great, as well as her makeups, this could be useful.

And yes, for the morphs I've got GenX2 anyway :) - Been using it a lot for V4 stuff :) .

Hi. I am the PA who made the A5 and S5 UV sets for G2F. If you buy Aiko 5, you will only be able to use Aiko 5 textures and third party A5 textures on Genesis, not Genesis 2 Female. In order to use those textures on G2F, you will need the product mentioned throughout this thread. You might already have understood this, but honestly I got confused reading this myself. Aiko 5 and Stephanie 5 are characters made for the original Genesis, not G2F. The Generation 5 UV bundle, with uvs for both characters, will allow you to use the textures on G2F. The only other way would be to convert the textures via Map Transfer, which is another topic altogether. I hope this helps you decide on your purchases.

If you have the Generation 5 UV Bundle, you do not have to own Aiko 5 or Stephanie 5 to use the textures on G2F. It is a completely independent product.

Post edited by Slosh on
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:

Hi. I am the PA who made the A5 and S5 UV sets for G2F. If you buy Aiko 5, you will only be able to use Aiko 5 textures and third party A5 textures on Genesis, not Genesis 2 Female. In order to use those textures on G2F, you will need the product mentioned throughout this thread. You might already have understood this, but honestly I got confused reading this myself. Aiko 5 and Stephanie 5 are characters made for the original Genesis, not G2F. The Generation 5 UV bundle, with uvs for both characters, will allow you to use the textures on G2F. The only other way would be to convert the textures via Map Transfer, which is another topic altogether. I hope this helps you decide on your purchases.

If you have the Generation 5 UV Bundle, you do not have to own Aiko 5 or Stephanie 5 to use the textures on G2F. It is a completely independent product.

Hi Slosh, and thanks for the very clear description: ) , I've got confused about this, and had the feeling your product was a way to use A5 third party textures, and idem for S5, on G2F, for people who didn't own the original A5 and S5 (I assumed the original A5 and S5 textures would work, since G2F is supposed to stand genesis 1 textures). Figured out I was wrong after trying A5 textures on a G2F, of course, and this product is something I'll buy soon, as I can't do anything with my A5 for now.

I should have known better, if I spent more time on the forums lol :) , but one of the thing that comforted me in my 1st (and wrong) opinion was the fact that in your promos, we see only 3rd party textures (as far as I remember from 2 days ago, at least). Not saying there should be one pic with either A5 or S5 themselves, but that would make a good "fool proof guard" for people like me :) .

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

You are right (mostly) about the promos featuring textures that were made for Aiko 5 and Stephanie 5, but are not the default textures for them. The picture of the hand and foot (I think it's the 3rd promo) is actually Stephanie 5 default texture, but that is easy to miss. I did have promos rendered with the default textures for both since I originally intended to sell them separately, but when DAZ decided to combine the sets into bundles, some of the promos got dropped. I apologize for any confusion the promos might have caused.

edited December 1969

No apologies needed, the error was 100% mine :) , and yes you're right, there is one of the popups with S5 indeed, I didn't notice that one the other day. Will grab your A5/S5 pack as soon as I can :) - very happy with Gen5 shapes, btw.