What Is Severity 1 P1044 Message

NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
edited December 1969 in The Commons

The dragon isn't rendering. I only have simple spotlights and distant lights. Message 42, Severity 1, P1044, invalid exposure argument. What the heck is going on?

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    edited December 1969

Only 6% rendered in 18 minutes. Hopefully this isn't the speed of the dragon rendering, or I'm returning it. There's NOTHING else in the scene and only a few basic lights. It's gotta be the studio.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited December 1969

Try saving your scene, close Studio. Restart Studio, reload the scene and render.
    Sometimes when I get those severity messages, this fixes the problem. They usually happen when I've been playing around in Studio for extended periods. Sometimes a complete computer reboot is necessary for a fix.
    Hope it works out for you.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Try saving your scene, close Studio. Restart Studio, reload the scene and render.
    Sometimes when I get those severity messages, this fixes the problem. They usually happen when I've been playing around in Studio for extended periods. Sometimes a complete computer reboot is necessary for a fix.
    Hope it works out for you.

I already thought of / did the save scene, close studio. I think I'll try the reboot. :)
    Dragon is rendering, but it's 58% at an hour. That's not right.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
    edited December 1969

Severity is, as it implies, a measure of how serious the 3Delight error is - 1 is pretty slight (0 is just a warning, so it's the lowest actual error message level). Exposure would have to do with light level, or rather response to light, so I doubt it would affect render speed. The dragon is HD, and does appear (from the blurb, I haven't bought it yet) to have fairly complex materials so I would expect it to be relatively slow to render - especially if the wing membranes have lowered opacity (or opacity maps).

edited December 1969

Thanks Richard. I did reboot and it was at 30% at about 4 minutes, so much faster. Don't know why there would be a light issue (if I am understanding corrrectly) because I tried it with and without UE2, and it has sufficient spotlights and distant lights for the dragon.

edited May 2014

It rendered faster after the reboot. :) I haven't tweaked the lights (no spot renders, taking too long) but this is a good start.

dragon4.jpg
    800 x 666 - 195K
    Post edited by Novica on