What the heck should I get? (Genesis 2 Must-haves)

wiRo DesignswiRo Designs Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I took a rather long break from 3D rendering- the last thing I remember was the release of Genesis 1.

I grabbed some things then, and soon after stopped playing with anything 3D. I re-joined the Platinum club recently, and have picked up a few things for G2- but there's a lot to sort through.

Is there a list of recommended purchases for G2 (male or female)? Care to tell me what your G2 must-have's are? My top priorities are to have lots of skin textures (from character bundles, or just texture purchases- I'm not picky if it's worth the $) and the best usability of my older merchandise. Clothing and hair I'm not overly worried about (though if there's a superb bundle you think I should know about, do tell).

What I have purchased thus far for G2:

Skin
Skin Builder Pro for Genesis and Genesis 2 Female(s)

Morphs
Genesis 2 Male Head & Body Morphs
Genesis 2 Female Head & Body Morphs

Characters
FW Sassafrat
FW Darc

Clothing
Morphing Fantasy Dress for Genesis 2 Female and all it's expansions
Wolf King for Genesis 2 Male(s)
Night Guard for Genesis 2 Male(s)

As an aside- I'm having trouble finding older gen shapes for G2. Am I bad at searching, or is V4 for G2 all there is?

I know I could look for myself, and I DO intend to, but having the advice of those of you who have been around more recently than I would be much appreciated. ;-) *sets up table of cookies for bribes*

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/slosh

Check out Slosh.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited May 2014

If you are interested in the HD morph possibilities, I recommend the Victoria and Michael 6 HD expansion combo (they need V6 and M6 base shapes too). They come with with very nice additional skins, unlike the other HD expansion shapes.

I also think the Gianni 6 pro bundle has a lot of nice stuff if you like that sort of style, I prefer it to the content of the M6 bundle. (You may wish to keep an eye out for a good sale).

Edit:
    Also, regarding Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female, you will need that product if you want to auto-fit V4 clothes you own to Genesis 2. Likewise for Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male, so like lee_lhs says, they're a must.

Post edited by Storypilot on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Do you have Genesis Generation X2?
    http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2
    It was for transferring morphs from V4/M4/etc over to genesis, so you could have your genesis looking like your favourite V4/M4/etc characters. There is an add on for it to do the same to Genesis 2:
    http://www.daz3d.com/genx2-addon-for-genesis-2

I have teh original one and it was surprisingly easy to use - especially for someone like me who is so NOT technical-minded. If you have some favourite V4/M4/etc character purchases, using those will bring them over to Genesis 2.

As for character skins, make sure to keep an eye on the required products - with all the different UVs for the different base characters, make sure if you purchase a Gen2 character that you have the UV set required. A lot of vendors use the Genesis 2 female base uv's for their skins, with just the morphs coming from Olympia, or Gia, or Victoria 6 etc and will mention that in the product description, so you can still use the skin if not the actual look of the character.

Also autofit works really well for Genesis clothing to Genesis 2. So you can still use your Genesis clothing on Genesis 2 - you don't really need to go nuts buying a whole new wardrobe. :D

If you're into scifi/robotic stuff, JoeQuick's new Cyberarms for Genesis 2 Male are fantastic - they are my new favourite product. :D And they are not JUST for the males..tey work brilliantly on the females too.
    http://www.daz3d.com/classic-banded-cyberarms-for-genesis-2-male-s

As for characters, it depends on whose work you like. I only have a small amount of characters for Gen 2, as I'm a bit of a late adopter for gen 2. :D I love the work of Lyoness, Silver/Countess/DemonicaEvilius, Artemis and Surreality. Silver uses the Genesis 2 Female base UVs so that would be all you need to use the skins, as does Artemis.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,930
    edited December 1969

GenX2 is a must have, as are all of Zev0's and Thorne's morph sets.

First and foremost, though, go to ShareCG and get DieTrying's 182 V4 morphs for Genesis 2 Female and 182 V4 morphs for Genesis 2 Male, both made by SIckleyield with DieTrying's kind permission. They're free and incredibly versatile.