Daz and Vendors Are Listening

Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,549
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Imagine my surprise as I went looking through the spring clearance for Genesis tonight and several of the items are listing what other products were used in the promos. Mind you they are only listing the Daz products and its not on all of them, but it's a start.

Hats off to you Daz and Vendors and thank you for doing this.

Comments

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

Agreed. DAZ seems to have a bit of a reputation around these forums for not being very responsive, but I've had the opposite experience.

A couple of years ago, I was working exclusively in Cartoon Preview Mode in Poser, and at the time, I was returning a lot of items because although they looked good in preview renders, there was no way to tell how they would work with no textures. In one of my conversations with the help desk, I recommended that they ask vendors to start including at least one image without textures, so buyers could see the geometry of the item being sold.

I wasn't expecting much action, but very quickly, that became a pretty standard feature in new listings. Earned my loyalty that day, they did.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    edited December 1969

That is up to the individual vendor, but I've started doing it now that I know it's an option! We use a lot of each other's goodies in our promos, so it's only fair to give a shout-out.