Wanted: Good ol' American muscle

Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
edited May 2014 in The Commons

Cars that is. Along the lines of..

66-67+ Chevy Impala
68+ Chevy Nova
66-74 Dodge Charger
70-74 Dodge Challenger

Compatible with both Poser and DS a plus. Dirty/dusty textures a bigger plus (not required- just less post/altering for me lol).

I do have DzFire's Maximum Madness, and it's main body would be perfect, but have no idea how to go about removing what would be custom mods and returning it back to a standard car.

They don't have to be sold here to be considered.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on

Comments

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871
    edited May 2014

Well, there's a Charger for Poser in the right date range in clearance at Renderosity (for an astoundingly high price for clearance), as well as a Nova and a Challenger (for a sort of high price, period). And Elele's Immortal Elegance is, I think, Impala-based, at least, but I think it's an earlier model than what you're looking for. (Also, as of posting time, on sale at 60% off for about another 5 minutes.)

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

I think I noticed the same cars you did over there, and I agree about the pricing.

As beautiful as Elele's car is, it has more of a classic 50s feel to it.

I did happen to find a 20+ car bundle by Powerage at Rendo with a lot of various models, but it says low poly and I'm not sure how close to a camera low poly can be before it starts to look like a wrecking yard masterpiece.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,865
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

I did happen to find a 20+ car bundle by Powerage at Rendo with a lot of various models, but it says low poly and I'm not sure how close to a camera low poly can be before it starts to look like a wrecking yard masterpiece.

They are pretty low poly.

Added two of them and in the middle "Musclecar by Bazze", free non-comm from http://www.colacola.se, found at http://www.colacola.se/expo_musclecar.htm

lowpoly.jpg
    2000 x 589 - 114K
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Vaskania said:

Added two of them and in the middle "Musclecar by Bazze", free non-comm from http://www.colacola.se, found at http://www.colacola.se/expo_musclecar.htm

Hah wow, thanks for that comparison! Low poly is definitely not what I'm looking for then. LOL

That car by Bazze is pretty spot on to what I'm looking for, and is perfect for now as I don't sell my renders. Thanks!

Oh- do you happen to know what the general consensus is when it comes to using non-commercial items for contest renders (I've never done one, but just in case)?

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Totte said:
    Vaskania said:

Hah wow, thanks for that comparison! Low poly is definitely not what I'm looking for then. LOL

That car by Bazze is pretty spot on to what I'm looking for, and is perfect for now as I don't sell my renders. Thanks!

Oh- do you happen to know what the general consensus is when it comes to using non-commercial items for contest renders (I've never done one, but just in case)?

Depends on thew vendor but most likely you will get a "cease and desist" note from a lawyer or from the artist in addition to nightmares for nicking the income from a poor artist. If you need to use a noncomm item I would just contact the artist and ask what he/she would charge for a commercial usage license. Some items are noncomm because the artist cannot charge for them (like items from movies etc) as the original creator owns the copyright, and in that case it would not be the artist but the company owning the copyright that will go after you.

edited December 1969

So contests (such as Daz's, RDNA's, etc) are considered commercial?

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    So contests (such as Daz's, RDNA's, etc) are considered commercial?

They are, as most contests gives the contest holder the rights to use the renders in advertisements. I know many people don't see it that way, you sometimes see non comm items in contests, I know I've even done that before I understood all that, luckily I didn't win , lol ;)

edited December 1969

I thought I saw something a long time ago about advertisement usage, but couldn't remember the details. Thanks for the clarification! :D

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Any contest is counted as Commercial because the user enters the contest with the hopes and aspirations of winning prizes which have a monetary value.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Any contest is counted as Commercial because the user enters the contest with the hopes and aspirations of winning prizes which have a monetary value.

Good point. Thanks Cho. :)
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,366
    edited December 1969

In the past when I've raised this question the answer was that you could use non commercial items in contest renders as you aren't actually selling anything its not commercial, if the competition wants to use the images as advertising it should really be stated clearly in the rules and regulations, I don't even see anything about the non use of non commercial items in the Freebie Challenge rules.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Cars that is. Along the lines of..

66-67+ Chevy Impala
    68+ Chevy Nova
    66-74 Dodge Charger
    70-74 Dodge Challenger

Compatible with both Poser and DS a plus. Dirty/dusty textures a bigger plus (not required- just less post/altering for me lol).

I do have DzFire's Maximum Madness, and it's main body would be perfect, but have no idea how to go about removing what would be custom mods and returning it back to a standard car.

They don't have to be sold here to be considered.

Have you grabbed the ones on my Free Auto Models list yet?
    edited December 1969

Found some nice ones in that list, thank you. :)