(Released) Advanced Floor Poses for Genesis 8 Female

Comments

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,941
    barbult said:

Here's my render of AFP 42 M. I used G8F body so I wouldn't have to tweak the pose. The dFoce on clothes and hair drove me crazy with this pose.

The hair and clothing effort was well worth it, and you picked a great carpet. Really great!

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Daaaaaamn! That's gorgeous!! 

Sevrin said:

Yeah, so not only do these poses work on male characters, but they also work when raised off the floor.

• Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,113

Cocktail Hour

If you are looking in the set for the pose on the left, you won't find it. That pose (with a few adjustments by me) comes from the 50 Advanced Seated Poses set, which includes a few floor poses. I've also applied the wearable partial poses presets from Fancy Cocktails Wearable Poses to the 3 ladies.

You know I'm a sucker for any render with cats, ha ha. :) Great work! And holy moley...these ladies have some money. I want to live in that apartment.

barbult said:

Here's my render of AFP 42 M. I used G8F body so I wouldn't have to tweak the pose. The dFoce on clothes and hair drove me crazy with this pose.

Gorgeous! Just stunning.

And holy moley...these ladies have some money. I want to live in that apartment.

I'm sure that with the sales of all your pose sets, you'll be able to afford one soon wink

The pose set might be titled Advanced Floor Poses, but it doesn't mean the poses can only be used on a floor.

Muse_Camera.png
    1822 x 887 - 3M
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,178

The pose set might be titled Advanced Floor Poses, but it doesn't mean the poses can only be used on a floor.

That's excellent!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,754

Coming up for air and so impressed with everyone's renders.

So want to get back to playing with Daz again. 

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited July 2020

My contribution.  I am loving these poses as much as the Advanced Seated Poses.

Lounging Around.png
    1500 x 1125 - 3M
    Post edited by Kismet2012 on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited July 2020

And a 2nd one.

Fi.png
    1500 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Kismet2012 on

And holy moley...these ladies have some money. I want to live in that apartment.

I'm sure that with the sales of all your pose sets, you'll be able to afford one soon wink

Ha ha, I wish. cheeky 

This is sooooo good! 

And a 2nd one.

Awwww. I never imagined this a sleeping pose, but it works perfectly. You guys are so creative!

Now that we had Advanced Seated and Advanced Floor pose sets, what's next? Advanced Walking, Laying?

Now that we had Advanced Seated and Advanced Floor pose sets, what's next? Advanced Walking, Laying?

Flying, Dancing, Swimming...

barbult said:

This is a good question, actually. I originally intended to reserve the "advanced" title for those poses where a lot of the character mesh was intersecting in some way--either self contact, or with the floor or a chair or some other surface. And not just once, but six, seven, eight times or more. I know these poses are notoriously difficult to get right, but (and this is just as important) they can also be quite difficult to adjust. I figured the advanced Daz users would welcome the challenge, in exchange for a pose that looked more realistic, and even new users would still have poses they could use without adjusting, if they kept the G8 base body shape. 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

barbult said:

This is a good question, actually. I originally intended to reserve the "advanced" title for those poses where a lot of the character mesh was intersecting in some way--either self contact, or with the floor or a chair or some other surface. And not just once, but six, seven, eight times or more. I know these poses are notoriously difficult to get right, but (and this is just as important) they can also be quite difficult to adjust. I figured the advanced Daz users would welcome the challenge, in exchange for a pose that looked more realistic, and even new users would still have poses they could use without adjusting, if they kept the G8 base body shape. 

It's hard to keep the base body shape, what with the lockdowns and all.

Maybe some meeting/greeting poses?  There's a set, but that's heavily weighted toward bowing, which is fine, but not that common for non-Asian situations.  There are also some chatting poses, but they seem a bit exaggerated.  Also maybe some looking up/looking down poses would be nice. 

barbult said:

Nicely done with the rug and the lights.  Does she have some Vicky in her?

Sevrin said:

barbult said:

Maybe some meeting/greeting poses?  There's a set, but that's heavily weighted toward bowing, which is fine, but not that common for non-Asian situations.  There are also some chatting poses, but they seem a bit exaggerated.  Also maybe some looking up/looking down poses would be nice. 

barbult said:

Nicely done with the rug and the lights.  Does she have some Vicky in her?

No, no Vicky in her. You can see the list of products I used in this image in the gallery.

I'm sharing this before I start rendering other scenes. I used a dForce blanket to cover the gaps netween the body and sofa, as the sofa doesn't allow for indents.

TV.png
    1828 x 893 - 3M

I'm sharing this before I start rendering other scenes. I used a dForce blanket to cover the gaps netween the body and sofa, as the sofa doesn't allow for indents.

That's amazing! All the details are perfect, and that lamp in the foreground really heightens the sense of depth. 

You guys are all so talented. 

Sevrin said:

Tell me about it! I miss the gym soooo much. I'm seriously eyeing a home gym machine...

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@Those Things " I miss the gym soooo much"

Madfit on You Tube has a lot of videos for various minimal equipment workouts.

edited August 2020

I experimented with just using the arm part of the poses. I used V3Digitimes Pose Mixer to lock the bones I didn't want to change and then applied the Advanced Floor Pose with the arm pose I wanted. because my character is Teen Jane morph and her head is not positioned exactly like in the pose, I had to make small adjustments, but nothing extensive.

Left arm AFP 14, Right arm AFP 13M

Left arm AFP 20M, Right arm AFP 13M

G8F Teen Jane Left Arm AFP 14 right Arm AFP 13M_002.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 695K
    G8F Teen Jane Left Arm AFP 20M right Arm AFP 13M smoothing on top.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 660K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

AFP Pose 07 Only minor tweaks to hands, head adjustment to look at camera.

For a list of products used check out the gallery.

fastbike1 said:

I'm trying at home, but there was something about the physical act of leaving my home and going to a different place that made exercise more doable. 

barbult said:

I experimented with just using the arm part of the poses. I used V3Digitimes Pose Mixer to lock the bones I didn't want to change and then applied the Advanced Floor Pose with the arm pose I wanted. because my character is Teen Jane morph and her head is not positioned exactly like in the pose, I had to make small adjustments, but nothing extensive.

Left arm AFP 14, Right arm AFP 13M

Left arm AFP 20M, Right arm AFP 13M

I have the V3Digitimes Pose Mixer, and for what it does, it is indespensible. Definitely one of my favorite products, and I can't imagine creating poses without it. It does have one particular quirk that has made me crazy though: if you try to use your mouse to move a bone in a figure and you've locked that bone in Pose Mixer, everything comes crashing down. This doesn't happen if you use a slider or a posing preset, only if you grab the bone with your mouse and try to move it. Must be something to do with the IK. Whatever it is, I've learned to save before I do anything else, and to always remember to unlock the bones when I'm finished using the tool. 

Daventaki said:

AFP Pose 07 Only minor tweaks to hands, head adjustment to look at camera.

For a list of products used check out the gallery.

That's just gorgeous! I love her silvery skin tones.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited August 2020

I hear that. I was going to the gym first thing in the morning five days a week until Feb 2020. We had a number of Gym staff and members with the flu and given that I'm ancient, I started working out from home. Still doing it due to Covid 19.

fastbike1 said:

I'm trying at home, but there was something about the physical act of leaving my home and going to a different place that made exercise more doable. 

Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    edited August 2020

A quickie.  I needed to test a new dress, so this pose seemed to be a good one to try.

Post edited by Sevrin on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,754

@Severin That is so lovely and restful. The drape of the dress worked wonderfully. I feel like I am looking at a Greek Goddess preparing to bathe.