A question about Bryce 7 from a total newbie

andrew.j.reedandrew.j.reed Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I haven't yet purchased Bryce but instead I have been researching it via YouTube and these forums before I do.

One thing I can't find so I thought I would ask and I apologise if it is something that is obvious to answer.

Can you create animated fly throughs of the landscapes that are created in Bryce 7 and the export them into a wmv, QuickTime or other similar video format that can be imported into software like Cyberlinks Power Director 12 Suite?

Thanks in advance for taking time to read this post.

Comments

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

I haven't yet purchased Bryce but instead I have been researching it via YouTube and these forums before I do.

One thing I can't find so I thought I would ask and I apologise if it is something that is obvious to answer.

Can you create animated fly throughs of the landscapes that are created in Bryce 7 and the export them into a wmv, QuickTime or other similar video format that can be imported into software like Cyberlinks Power Director 12 Suite?

Thanks in advance for taking time to read this post.

Hi andrew.j.reed

Yep, fly-throughs are very easy, and the save formats allowed are: AVI, BMP Sequence, Quick Time Movie and Real Movie in the listed options in Bryce 7. I've never used the last three (all AVIs only), but had no problems afterwards in using that format in editing softwares (I use Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 11). Sorry, can't say about using the above formats in Cyberlinks Power Director 12 Suite, as have never used it, but, I'll presume you wouldn't have a problem.

Jay

• andrew.j.reedandrew.j.reed Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi Jay,

Many thanks for the quick reply. Really appreciate it. Off to make my purchase :-)

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Yeah, cheers...and hope it suits your needs.

There also are some flightpaths given with Bryce 7 (you'll find them in the Create/Paths tab), but have to admit never using them, let alone how to do so - simply because of not looking up how to. I tend to create my own flightpaths, as it gives just that little bit more control.

There was a guy here one time named Oroboros on the Forum, who was a master in using Bryce animation who could give you more detailed info., as I'm really a noob.

Jay

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

The flight paths in the libraries are broken.
    Easier and better to create your own.

Welcome to the World of Bryce Andrew :)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

you guys didn't say how long it takes to render a frame - a long time :-)
    and Bryce is only 32 bit .

edited May 2014

Thanks for the welcome guys but already things are not running smooth,

So I have just purchased Bryce 7 Pro,

Clicked the manual download button and manually downloaded BryceLightning_7.1.0.109_Win.exe & BryceProContent_7.0.0.19_Win.exe

I have run the BryceProContent and followed the installer and selected the specify installation path to install to C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\Bryce7

I am told that Bryce was not found in the chosen location, which may cause the content to not function properly, Would you like to continue anyway?

I select yes - it installs and give me the tick option to start Bryce, but nothing happens. What am I missing?

The only files I was given to manually download were:

BryceLightning_7.1.0.109_Mac.zip 22.70 MB
    BryceLightning_7.1.0.109_Win.exe 10.86 MB
    BryceProContent_7.0.0.19_Mac.zip 22.74 MB
    BryceProContent_7.0.0.19_Win.exe 17.23 MB

Im assuming the files with Mac.zip are for Apple Macs, so were is the BrycePro program file??

Im confused :ohh:

Post edited by andrew.j.reed on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

bigh said:

Bigh, as you know it depends on each individual scene, materilas and render settings you use.
    With clever use of materials and settings you can get down to a frame per minute, or even less.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the welcome guys but already things are not running smooth,

So I have just purchased Bryce 7 Pro,

Clicked the manual download button and manually downloaded BryceLightning_7.1.0.109_Win.exe & BryceProContent_7.0.0.19_Win.exe

I have run the BryceProContent and followed the installer and selected the specify installation path to install to C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\Bryce7

I am told that Bryce was not found in the chosen location, which may cause the content to not function properly, Would you like to continue anyway?

I select yes - it installs and give me the tick option to start Bryce, but nothing happens. What am I missing?

The only files I was given to manually download were:

BryceLightning_7.1.0.109_Mac.zip 22.70 MB
    BryceLightning_7.1.0.109_Win.exe 10.86 MB
    BryceProContent_7.0.0.19_Mac.zip 22.74 MB
    BryceProContent_7.0.0.19_Win.exe 17.23 MB

Im assuming the files with Mac.zip are for Apple Macs, so were is the BrycePro program file??

Im confused :ohh:

you got the download for Bryce 7 pro
    you also need download for Bryce 7
    check your account
    yes Zip files are for Macs

edited December 1969

Ah, yes I see it now. Told you I was a newbie ! :red:
    I'm so used to installers that do everything for you.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2014

In your product library you will find this click on the picture icon that says Bryce 7 and uyou will find the other files.

Sorry the pictures are displayed in reverse

And Welcome to the Bryce forum. We are very friendly and helpful here (well most of us are), so do keep popping in. :coolsmile:

Bryce_7-2.jpg
    694 x 368 - 94K
    bryce_7-1.jpg
    694 x 368 - 91K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

know what you are saying - we all were at some time !

be sure to look at this thread ( great info ) -
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5076/

edited December 1969

bigh said:

know what you are saying - we all were at some time !

be sure to look at this thread ( great info ) -
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5076/

Will do and thanks to you all. Great friendly and quick to come to my aid.

edited December 1969

bigh said:

I have a new purpose built for Video and graphics work PC with a blistering 8 core processor and a graphics card that's in the top 50 for benchmark speed so i'm hoping rendering will be without issue however are there plans for a 64bit version of Bryce?

edited December 1969

bigh said:

I have a new purpose built for Video and graphics work PC with a blistering 8 core processor and a graphics card that's in the top 50 for benchmark speed so i'm hoping rendering will be without issue however are there plans for a 64bit version of Bryce?

64bit - we wish
    do not count on that !

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,283
    edited December 1969

@andrew.j.reed - welcome to Bryce and these forums. Bryce doesn't use GPU but up to 8 CPU and with Lightning, you can set up a render farm. I highly recommend that you make Bryce large address aware (LAA) so that it can use around 3.5 GB instead of being limited at 2 GB.