DIM questions

TaozTaoz Posts: 9,877
edited May 2014 in The Commons

I'm trying to use DIM (latest version) from the Product Library ("Download and Install") which I haven't tried before, but can't really figure out what's going on.

Each time I add a new item (one or more files) then DIM pops up with a "Would you like to save your existing filter?" box.

If I click Yes, enter a name for the filter and click OK, the item is added to the "Ready to Download" tab. However all existing items diesappear from the queue.

If I click No or Cancel on the Save Filter dialog, nothing happens at all.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there something wrong with DIM?

OS is Win 7 / 64.

Post edited by Taoz on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

When you click the "Download and Install" button it sets up a filter in DIM to only show those items, so you can easily select them to download. When you clear the filter box everything is visible again.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,126
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    I'm trying to use DIM (latest version) from the Product Library ("Download and Install") which I haven't tried before, but can't really figure out what's going on.

Each time I add a new item (one or more files) then DIM pops up with a "Would you like to save your existing filter?" box.

If I click Yes, enter a name for the filter and click OK, the item is added to the "Ready to Download" tab. However all existing items diesappear from the queue.

If I click No or Cancel on the Save Filter dialog, nothing happens at all.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there something wrong with DIM?

OS is Win 7 / 64.

When you click on the Download and Install button DIM is started (if not running) and a custom filter of sku:: is used to only show the product you've selected - the intent is that you would click on 'install after download' in DIM and then 'add to queue' - to download and install that one item.

If you clear the filter window you'll see everything in the queue again. If you have more than one item it's best to just let DIM connect to the store and show everything that's available for download.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,877
    edited December 1969

So no way to just to add a number of items to the queue from the Library and then download them all at once? I have to create a new filter for each?

I want to download all the ~20 items from my latest order in one go but you can't sort by order# in DIM which means I have to find and select them all manually. Since they're listed on top in the Library I thouhg it would be easier to add them to the queue from there. But maybe not.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Launch DIM and download through there, not the product library. That's what I do and I've never been asked to save a filter and I mass download all the time. Just sort by Order > Most Recent and they'll all be at the top.

edited May 2014

Hm, you're right - I did try Most Recent first but apparently there is two of these (Package Date and Order Date), looks like I overlooked the latter. But now it works.

Thanks!

Post edited by Taoz on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,126
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    So no way to just to add a number of items to the queue from the Library and then download them all at once? I have to create a new filter for each?

I want to download all the ~20 items from my latest order in one go but you can't sort by order# in DIM which means I have to find and select them all manually. Since they're listed on top in the Library I thouhg it would be easier to add them to the queue from there. But maybe not.

Two methods -

1) in the filter box enter order::
    or
    2) sort on order date: recent first

edited May 2014

namffuak said:

1) in the filter box enter order::

Well that's handy as well, thanks...

Post edited by Taoz on
  • DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

There is also a link from the order details page for that order that will download and install all the products it can from that order with the text "Download this entire order" next to the button (there is a link to the most recent order that the product was purchased on from the product library right below the product name).

edited December 1969

DAZ_Jon said:
    There is also a link from the order details page for that order that will download and install all the products it can from that order with the text "Download this entire order" next to the button (there is a link to the most recent order that the product was purchased on from the product library right below the product name).

That's useful too, thanks...