Posing Dragon 3

edited December 1969 in The Commons

I am having problems with all the pre-made poses for Dragon 3. The back legs especially, but even the other body parts do not pose as they should. I have attached 2 pictures as examples--these are the walking and crouching poses in the pose folder. What's wrong with the pose files? I am using DAZ 4.6.3.50 Pro.

CrouchingPose.jpg
958 x 825 - 292K
WalkingPose.jpg
958 x 825 - 263K

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    edited December 1969

Does it do that with no morphs applied?

With most of ours poses will require adjustment because they're so different from the base dragon.

• edited December 1969

It does it with morphs applied or not, and with any of the packaged poses I have bought. I understand poses may need to be tweaked, but if you look at my second picture, in most poses the hind legs are jointed backwards like that, and in the first picture, the wings are supposed to be down not up. It's like the poses have their rotational directions backwards

• edited December 1969

Ok, your comment gave me an experiment idea. When I use any of the morphs, the poses are deformed. However, if I use the base dragon, then pose it, the poses come out ok and then after posing, I can change the shape without it deforming the pose. The order makes a difference: base dragon, pose, shape/character. NOT base dragon, shape/character, pose

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

Ok, your comment gave me an experiment idea. When I use any of the morphs, the poses are deformed. However, if I use the base dragon, then pose it, the poses come out ok and then after posing, I can change the shape without it deforming the pose. The order makes a difference: base dragon, pose, shape/character. NOT base dragon, shape/character, pose

File a report via ZenDesk. Considering that the Dragon3 is based on Genesis technology and this should not be happening.

Make sure you list the exact items, poses, morphs you used and the steps you took when the issue occured.

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests/new

• edited December 1969

Thank you for your suggestion. I will see if they are offering help these days.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your suggestion. I will see if they are offering help these days.

Not just that but if this is an issue that needs to be fixed in any part of the product or addons then its good they know about it asap

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,366
    edited December 1969

I'm having problems as well, It seems to be if I've used one of the Sicklyield preset shapes, doesn't matter which order I do it in, it only seems to affect the Mysthic Beasts shapes.

edited December 1969

Some of the Mythic Beasts leg and arm shapes (but especially the legs and feet) modify the length and angle of the limbs to the point where conventional poses will not work normally. There are presets in the ZUtility folder to zero the poses of specific body parts and/or remove morphs from just those body parts if you do not want to adjust the pose manually.

If adjusting the pose manually, first select the base dragon and go to Edit--Figure--Limits and choose Limits Off. I wanted to offer a Limits Off preset too, but I can't figure out how to do it.

• edited December 1969

SY, I tried the ZUtility stuff, but it still leaves the legs or feet in the wrong position, utterly wrong, not just needing tweaking. Are you saying that none of the poses can be used on the Mythic Beasts?

edited June 2014

SY, I tried the ZUtility stuff, but it still leaves the legs or feet in the wrong position, utterly wrong, not just needing tweaking. Are you saying that none of the poses can be used on the Mythic Beasts?

I found using the utilities helped some poses but not others for some I had to zero all the limbs feet and hands completely removing the morphs.
    I've also noticed that when you dial something like the duck feet the wings and front hands/arms alter.
    I would have liked to have found this information about the limitations of this set of morphs on the product page so that I was aware of these problems before purchasing and could have made an informed decision now I feel a bit cheated, the info isn't even on the readme page.
    Post edited by scorpio on
  • edited December 1969

I feel the same scorpio64dragon. I've been fixing the poses, and then saving my pose presets, for reuse later on the Mythic Beasts. But it would have been nice to know that they would require this work, and that premade poses would not work on them. I reported the issue to support as Mattymax suggested, and after 6 days they have decided to make a bug report.

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure who filed the bug report, but Xenic is looking at a bug related to this and it is being fixed.

• edited December 1969

That is good to hear. Christina Galloway is the one that filed the bug report for me.

edited December 1969

I may be offline for 24 hours starting tomorrow since we are moving, but I will of course do whatever Xenic asks us to do.

• TallulahdahlingTallulahdahling Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

This was for the Inspirations contest , week of May 28.

A little story goes with it:

All she did, in a fit of whimsy, was grab the ears of the great big plush bunny in the middle of the White House lawn and wiggle them fiercely. That’s all. Then suddenly POW! Terror like she’s never known before!

Silly girl. Can’t she tell they like her?

Dragonphobia_FullScene_framed_signed_reduced.jpg
    1424 x 902 - 430K
    edited December 1969

I installed the update that appeared in the DIM and this seems to be fixed, thank you. I so love these shapes.
    Good luck with the move Sickleyield hope it goes smoothly.

• edited December 1969

Thanks for telling me, scorpio64dragon. The update worked for me, too.