exporting models with poses

Hello there,

I hope you all are well and safe.

I have some issues exporting my models that have different poses.  The exported models go back to the neutral T-pose.

How can I export my characters as FBX models with the desired poses?

Thank you,

_Ken

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553

Might help more if we knew where you are exporting to and what reason. there are plugins that will allow appying a pose in blender for example.

• KNKN Posts: 55

Hi Michael,

I have some scenes in Lumion and need to import characters from Daz.

Thanks!

_Ken

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,010

Maybe export as posed .obj files, import back into D/S and then export out as FBX.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691

The Lumion knowledge base recommends exporting as .obj, which will definitely retain the pose. If you want to use FBX because it retains material information better, you might be able to use obj for the figure pose, and then apply the materials from the FBX export to the obj model (I'm not framiliar with Lumion, just guessing here).

• KNKN Posts: 55

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your replies.

The reason why I want to use FBX as a format for exporting because it retains the textures and the size of the exported files are smaller than OBJ files.  Moreover, I had issues with textures not exporting correctly with the OBJ format.  However, the problem has been solved by selecting "Collect" in the Write Surfaces setting (Thanks Catherine ;-)

I am now exporting my models in OBJ format even though the sizes are quite huge.  

Have a great week!

• jarodjarod Posts: 0

Where is the Write Surfaces setting. Thank you

• In the OBJ exporter, you will need to click the Show Individual Settings button