HD or not to HD

Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I admit, I wasn't sold on the HD stuff (or Genesis 2) until I played with some of the Dragon 3 HD morphs.

I am still not completely sold because of how much I already invested in Genesis 1.

But, I am willing to give Gene 2 a second try.

One of the reasons why I gave up on Gene 2 in the first place is that I am completely baffled by what is needed and what isn't.

I want to start with one HD model, what do I need to buy? Does the Genesis 2 HD Creature Morphs require the non-HD Morphs? Does V6 still require the separate Female Morphs?

Is there any reference document to say what is or what is not needed?

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

HD morphs only require the base figure so the V6 HD morphs can be used on G2F with no other morphs or shapes installed.

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

Thanks. Then I will give one a try this weekend.

Even thought I have been using the software for over a decade, it's still confusing.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

After you have applied the HD morph, you need to go to the Parameter Tab and set the character to High Definition and set the Sub-D level to 3. Do this BEFORE you render and dont worry about it before hand because it will use more RAM.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the tip. I will keep that in mind.

Back to my original question, so that maybe I can get my head around this...

Stephanie 6 HD Add-On requires Stephanie 6. Got it.

But Felicity HD for Victoria 6 requires Victoria 6 and Genesis 2 Female Head Morphs?

And Victoria 6 & Michael 6 HD Add-On Bundle is stand alone and not requiring anything?

What am I missing here?

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    After you have applied the HD morph, you need to go to the Parameter Tab and set the character to High Definition and set the Sub-D level to 3. Do this BEFORE you render and dont worry about it before hand because it will use more RAM.

I had thought this was the case before but I was later told that you dont need to do anything with the sub D in studio, the hd morphs will automatically apply when you render.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Sorel said:
    Mattymanx said:

I had thought this was the case before but I was later told that you dont need to do anything with the sub D in studio, the hd morphs will automatically apply when you render.

You only have to do this if you render HD morphs in Poser.

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

This might help a little.

http://www.daz3d.com/compatibility-matrix

edited December 1969

Thanks, but no. I am really looking for the requirements, not the compatibility.