Carrara Pro 7 on MacBook OSX Mavericks - Preferences file non-existent, fonts missing, forgets seria

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I know on earlier versions of OSX the missing fonts issue can be cured by modifying the preferences.txt file. However, on Mavericks, the file structure is either completely different, or not all the files and folders are being created by the DIM.

I run the DIM apparently without error. But when I run Carrara, none of the text is visible, and when I try to change the font, it doesn't take effect, and it never remembers my serial number.

Anyone come across this and found a solution?

Running on MacBook, OSX Mavericks.

Cheers.

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I know on earlier versions of OSX the missing fonts issue can be cured by modifying the preferences.txt file. However, on Mavericks, the file structure is either completely different, or not all the files and folders are being created by the DIM.

I run the DIM apparently without error. But when I run Carrara, none of the text is visible, and when I try to change the font, it doesn't take effect, and it never remembers my serial number.

Anyone come across this and found a solution?

Running on MacBook, OSX Mavericks.

Cheers.

First off, Carrara 7 would predate the DIM, so I'm not sure how well they play together. Did you get an installer with C7 or just a zip file?

Secondly, I run a C7 render node on an Intel Core 2 duo iMac with Mavericks and I get the fonts and such. The difference may be that it was installed a few OS X versions ago and subsequent updates were done on top of the existing OS. From everything I have read, I shouldn't get it to work. ;-) I won't use it for anything but a node as I don't know how stable the full application would be.

Thirdly, I can't help much with the fonts, but if you temporarily run as the Root user, you can enter the serial number and it should stick. Then get out of Root user mode for security reasons.

• dot_batdot_bat Posts: 373
    edited May 2014

Car 7 was not written to run on maverick, i dont think they would write a patch for it. only alternative is 10.6.8. maverick didnt exist when they wrote for 7

Post edited by dot_bat on