"Everyday Morphing Primitives" confusion

I was needing a few primitives that were proving difficult to make so I found and purchased this item: https://www.daz3d.com/everyday-morphing-primitives

It's installed... but I've got absolutely no idea how to actually use it. In the Content Library the only things that are made available are in \Daz\Maclean\Everyday\Morphing Primitives\ and there's no objects here, just shaders. To try and figure it out I tried downloading the install files manually instead of through the install manager and can see that it is installing a bunch of content to the Runtime folder but you can't actually access this via the content library?

Am I missing something blindingly obvious with this?

Comments

• Did you install both parts - this is an older product, the models are in Poser format I think (though it's confusing as it says there are .daz files, the sene format used for DS 1-3).

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

Richard is right. If you look in your Content Library, you should find them here:

Poser Formats > My DAZ 3D Library > Props > Maclean > Everyday > Morphing Primitives

For future reference, when trying to find hard-to-find products, try the "Products" section of the product library where they're listed alphabetically. Once you've found something there, you can right-click and "Show asset in > Mapped Folder" to see where the PA hid it.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

Yes, this product is from 2013, and is in Poser format and is located in Poser\Runtime\libraries\Props\Maclean\Everyday\Morphing Primitives. However, it will load with DS 3Delight materials already optimised.

The 'good news' is it's on my list of products to be updated to DAZ Studio .duf format with a complete new Iray version (and possibly some extra props). I've been steadily updating all my older products over the last few years. I just haven't gotten to Primitives yet. The 'bad news' is I'm not sure when I'll get to it (I've just started updating a different product), but I'll try to do it next.

Oh, and the update will be free to anyone who owns the product.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798
    maclean said:

Yes, this product is from 2013, and is in Poser format and is located in Poser\Runtime\libraries\Props\Maclean\Everyday\Morphing Primitives. However, it will load with DS 3Delight materials already optimised.

The 'good news' is it's on my list of products to be updated to DAZ Studio .duf format with a complete new Iray version (and possibly some extra props). I've been steadily updating all my older products over the last few years. I just haven't gotten to Primitives yet. The 'bad news' is I'm not sure when I'll get to it (I've just started updating a different product), but I'll try to do it next.

Oh, and the update will be free to anyone who owns the product.

Wow, Maclean, that's great news. It's a brilliant product that's just so useful.

• I have this product installed via DIM. For me, its found in Smart Content under Props --> Other. From there I just select the primitive I want to add to my scene and double left-click it.