Decimator tutorial

edited December 1969 in New Users

Is there any tutorial for Decimator? I need to decrease the poly-count of the models.

By the way, can the low-poly version of Genesis figures be animated in the same way (using aniMate) as their default versions?

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited July 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08G84zf-VQM&feature=plcp

I can't see any reason why they can't be animated. Note that not all props do well when decimated as most products are effiecently made like buildings etc. But good clothing, accessories and figures do well when decimated in my expereince.

But I think I read some having issues with Decimatating Genesis. Not sure what to issues were though sorry. If I could test I would be at present I cannot.

Post edited by Szark on
  • edited December 1969

@Szark: Thanks.
    By the way, is it possible to create different levels of detail for different body parts of the same character? For instance, high-poly face and low-poly body.

edited December 1969

From memeroy no just individuals items or all together but not separate parts on an object.

• edited December 1969

Then, if I want to get a high-poly head and a low-poly body, do I have to export the model to a different software first (like ZBrush) and make the adjustments there?
    Is there no way to achieve this directly in Daz?

edited December 1969

I suppose you could use Hexagon for which there is a Bridge between them so in theory it mightbe possible. The thing is I don't do anmations at all and not familair with how increasing and decreasing the polys of different body parts would effect the rigging and etc I canniot give a difinative answer, sorry..

• edited December 1969

Alright. Thanks for your reply. :)