Daz Studio Addons in C8.5?

homey_jayhomey_jay Posts: 44
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

This is probably a really dumb question but can I use the DAZ Studio addons in C8.5?
I just got an email with the new Liquid Pack:

http://www.daz3d.com/liquid-pack

It says that it for DAZ studio though :(

Can't I just use it in C8.5, pretty please!

Comments

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 527
    edited December 1969

homey_jay said:
    This is probably a really dumb question but can I use the DAZ Studio addons in C8.5?
    I just got an email with the new Liquid Pack:

http://www.daz3d.com/liquid-pack

It says that it for DAZ studio though :(

Can't I just use it in C8.5, pretty please!

I don't see why they wouldn't work in C8.5. It's the shaders that give the props "life" so to speak. So the trick is to duplicate the shaders in Carrara. I'm just thinking out loud, and I could be way out to lunch

• homey_jayhomey_jay Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Thanks but is there anyone who's actually done it and can confirm that it works?
    Maybe even someone from DAZ (gasp!)??

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited December 1969

I like the look of this too, it is just a set of prop objects so they should work fine in Carrara. The shaders will probably need a little work, but then that is normal for Carrara!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the shaders will need to be done from scratch in Carrara, as I saw nothing to indicate that they're image map based, which means they're built to using DAZ Studio's shader system.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

DS shaders don't work in Carrara & the morphs don't work ;-)

Choc_splash.jpg
    800 x 600 - 289K
    edited December 1969

However... saving a DUF scene in DS and importing to Carrara does retain the morphs, though slow to apply

still playing with them ;-)

edited December 1969

actually, what has to be done is load your splash or ripple into DazStudio... apply all the morphs available ( doesn't matter by how much ) then save the scene..

The morphs will then be available in Carrara.. If you don't do this they don't work! weird!