Cobra G8 Humanoid (male/female - at least head morphs)

I am looking for cobra shaped head morphs at the very least for both G8M and G8F.  I am not looking for a "naga" type thing, no snake body without legs, like a Sethrak type creature but more realistic, but if you want to make a whole monster with the body and all, something akin to these attached, with good reptilian scale textures and such for both sexes.  These heads though are very perfect for my ideas for a future project!

Other suggestions of mine can be found here if interested:
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/411046/plant-women

CobraPeople.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 624K

Comments

• Yeah, I bought that back some time ago that, but it is more "naga-ish" and that headpiece is actually just a "hood" and not actually a head morph, plus the face is too humanoid and she does not have legs, and also, is not male.  I will say that the scale texture on the actual character (which is only half the waist up) is very realistic snakeskin, and I always loved that on it.  Still, thank you!  But, it's definitely not what I am looking for which will be for male and female, at least a head morph that resembles these, like an actual cobra, and has legs and such.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

HFS Ultimate Shapes includes a "snake" head morph.

• Yeah, I used it, but unfortunately, it does not actually look like these cobra heads, here's a mockup of the creature I made using that.  But, if it helps you the heads I am looking for can be found with a Goggle Search.  They are called Sethrak, but there are other games out there with creatures that have cobra heads.  Basically, while I appreciate your help, I assure you that the thing that I am asking for does not yet exist on the Daz store.  I want to make my creature's head mimic those in the OP, where it looks like those cobra heads.  I hope that I am clearer now, as I would hate for you to invest the same amount of time that I did try to find what I need for Daz anywhere and everywhere that I could think of.

AnaxSnakeMan.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 876K
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

Your mockup actually looks quite a lot like Oso's recently released Saurian.

• anaximanes_2000anaximanes_2000 Posts: 342
    edited July 2020

Yes, it was strange in synchronicity! lol  I made that using the shapes you linked about a week ago and the next night I saw that Saurian.  It's a fine model, in my opinion, and I bought it the night it came out, and I may use the tail from it on this snake monster, but I was not really into the textures that much on the Saurian, personally.  Also, a think a slinky female one would be cool.  Here's a GF3 mockup for my cobra idea with a custom texture I made in photoshop like I did on that other one I showed you.  Of course, it does me no good on my G8M that I need and her face is not a match for those ones I am looking for here, but it's at least something.  Of course, I blurred the naughty bits, but I think this would be something cool for the saurian- I like textures a lot and I think there should be a lot of focus on those, at least as much as the model itself.

Post edited by anaximanes_2000 on
  • anaximanes_2000anaximanes_2000 Posts: 342
    edited July 2020

Oops!  I think I accidentally deleted the attachment!  Here it is again to show you about how I think the Saurian textures could be different.

Edited for Richard, I rendered her to fit the rules of the site by using scenery in the form of spheres in Daz with a vanta black setting on them, so that it is scenery.  If needed I can put a thong and pasties on her and just render them with the vanta black as well, but the rules do say scenery, and so I will use these spheres in the render for now.  Thanks for letting me know the rules!

SnakeWOmanwScenery.png
    2809 x 2500 - 3M
    Post edited by anaximanes_2000 on
  • bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,831
    edited July 2020

RawArt has some naga- or lamia-style figures, such as Queen Cobra (G3F), Cobra King (G2M) and Cobra Queen (G8F).

I did a test with Queen Cobra, and you can apply just the head morph without also committing to the lamia-style tail (which is a separate figure). It does look like there's an issue with the legs, though: the colors don't quite match up. You might have to have her wearing thigh boots, or be prepared to do some retexturing or color tweaking. The problem occurs with both the Brown and Green skin variants, which is a bit disappointing. I tried applying some other green skins -- Nargol the Half-Orc and The Hag both have green skin textures. Of the two, Nargol looks better (see second sample image).

From the descriptions, it sounds as if the other figures are similar -- i.e. you get the head-shaping morph, plus a separate tail figure that you're not obliged to use.

So you might be able to get close to what you want just using RawArt's figures, but you may need to play with the textures a bit.

CobraQueenTest01.jpg
    960 x 720 - 197K
    Cobra-Nargol.jpg
    960 x 720 - 194K
    Post edited by bytescapes on
  • Thanks, but it's still the same issues, one is that they do not at all resemble what I put in the OP which is much more like an actual cobra head and face, and two, of course, is that this is not male.  But, thanks again!  As I said, the thing I need does not yet exist for Daz.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,831

For completeness, here's what the Cobra King figure looks like without the tail wearable applied. I think he might be a little closer to what you're looking for. The problem is that he's only available for Genesis 2 Male, and there isn't an equivalent female figure. You could probably use one of the available converters to migrate the morphs to later generation figures (and maybe even cross-gender) but that becomes something of a project.

You may just have to wait for RawArt to make your dream figure(s).

King Cobra.jpg
    960 x 720 - 211K
  • Oops!  I think I accidentally deleted the attachment!  Here it is again to show you about how I think the Saurian textures could be different.

Neither mosaic blur nor black blobs are acceptable - see https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity#latest

• Weird rules, but it gives me a funny idea then, Richard.  Here's the same model using a "vanta black" setting in the materials on a couple of spheres lol  Which are scenery in the render which is perfectly acceptable.  So I reposted the new renders up on there, and on this one (since I know how Richard is) for proof that this is scenery so I am not called a lair via the Daz rep, here is a screenshot of my Daz as I made it.

4Richie.jpg
    1411 x 996 - 531K