Anyone want to see Gia 6 HD?

pearbearpearbear Posts: 227
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I'm a big fan of all of the HD figures. As far as I know, all of the Genesis 2 base figures have had HD versions released, with the major exception of Gia 6. Due to the more chiseled, defined musculature of Gia 6, it seems like she would benefit from an HD version more than any other G2 female figure. The recent release of Gianni 6 HD gives me some hope, I just hope she isn't forgotten about as she's one of my favorites.

Comments

• Arcane Von OblivionArcane Von Oblivion Posts: 149
    edited December 1969

I second tis and was actually waiting for the release. I havn't been spending much money here but would for that or the ablility to make HD morphs myself. It just seem that somewhere along the line they stopped with the plugins to the general public and are trying to make the moneys for them selves (which is cool and I understand) but I'm all charactered out and want to create stuff on my own. But I do like Gia and would buy an HD version.

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,550
    edited December 1969

She seems like a really good candidate for that.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

HD characters are nice, so I guess I am in.

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

I was just about to start a thread asking why there's no HD for Gia 6, and found this thread while searching first.

The two ripped, muscular Genesis 2 Male figures, Gianni 6 and Lee 6 got HD add-ons almost immediately, yet the one modestly muscular Geneia 2 Female figure still doesn't have one. Why not? Of all the female body shapes an HD add-on would benefit her more than any others (other than a skeletally thin one). Please allow portrayals of female athletes to have the same level of detail as those of male ones, and get a Gia 6 HD add-on done and released.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    I was just about to start a thread asking why there's no HD for Gia 6, and found this thread while searching first.

The two ripped, muscular Genesis 2 Male figures, Gianni 6 and Lee 6 got HD add-ons almost immediately, yet the one modestly muscular Geneia 2 Female figure still doesn't have one. Why not? Of all the female body shapes an HD add-on would benefit her more than any others (other than a skeletally thin one). Please allow portrayals of female athletes to have the same level of detail as those of male ones, and get a Gia 6 HD add-on done and released.

I agree, but maybe Gia doesn't sell well enough to justify supporting her more?

edited December 1969

Well. they never produced that much stuff specifically for her in the first place. And she's not made that well: she suffers from the normal failing in every DAZ female muscular morph, going right back to V2, of having badly proportioned musculature - combining big legs with way-too thin arms that you don't actually see on real female athletes, fitness competitors or bodybuilders. She's supposed to be modelled on Gina Carano, former MMA champ and now budding action actress, and in other respects isn't a bad morph of her, but you actually have to dial up beaucoup shoulder width and upper and lower arm thickness to make her really look like the real life Gina. Especially given that many users seem to just use FBM morphs as supplied, perhaps the figure would do a bit better if it was actually realistically proportioned arms-to-legs - which, as it happens, makes it much more aestehtically balanced as well - out of the box and without having to use other dials to make it look real and not like some freakish experiment. I really don't know what it is at DAZ that makes them get that proportion wrong every time, generation after generation, V2, V3, S3, V4 and now G2F.

It would also be good if DAZ would just do the HD add-on out of principle, to show they don't just pander to - and hence encourage - continued gender stereotyping.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,820
    edited October 2014

Well, for what it's worth, I don't think Giselle has a DAZ HD morph either. Honestly, I can't imagine what details she has that would benefit from that, but Gia isn't alone, at least. Aiko 6 doesn't either, but then, I wouldn't expect that type of figure to get that level of detail.

They seem to be focusing the DAZ-produced HD on characters that are meant to be somewhat (note: "somewhat") more realistic. Thus, on the male side, Michael, Gianni, Lee (not that there's anyone else on the male side), and on the female side, Victoria, Olympia, Lilith.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited November 2014

vwrangler said:
    Well, for what it's worth, I don't think Giselle has a DAZ HD morph either. Honestly, I can't imagine what details she has that would benefit from that, but Gia isn't alone, at least. Aiko 6 doesn't either, but then, I wouldn't expect that type of figure to get that level of detail.

They seem to be focusing the DAZ-produced HD on characters that are meant to be somewhat (note: "somewhat") more realistic. Thus, on the male side, Michael, Gianni, Lee (not that there's anyone else on the male side), and on the female side, Victoria, Olympia, Lilith.

Yeah, it's clear that they're only doing HD Add-ons for the "Real World" adults.
    Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Speaking of HD morphs, I've just started to have a go at them — I didn't follow the forum threads when they were first introduced. How do I activate them? Is it just a matter of dialling up the figure's HD morphs, then tweak the Mesh Resolution parameters to High Resolution and Subdivision 3? Are any of them known to be set up differently?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,076
    edited December 1969

As far as the render is concerned they don';t need activating, as long as the model is sub-divided - you need to tweak the SubD level only if you want a more accurate preview in the viewport.

• LimneryLimnery Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

A Gia HD package with added morphs to address the arm size and musculature would be especially welcome. And since there's HD Gianni, it would be great to have HD Gia, too.

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Cuisle said:
    A Gia HD package with added morphs to address the arm size and musculature would be especially welcome. And since there's HD Gianni, it would be great to have HD Gia, too.

I'm in :cheese:

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Would very much like to see this. Also an extra morphs package (like the ones SickleYield has done for most of the other characters) would be appreciated. I guess with the passage of time, addons for Gia become less likely...but the Girl 6 just got some new content recently, so one can certainly hope!

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Having recently purchased Mei Lin, it seems she doesn't have an HD set, either. Am assuming that Victoria's should work just as well on her, however.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Absent an official Gia HD release, RawArt's Massive set might be a good way to give Gia some HD musculature.

edited December 1969

I'd say that's more for overly muscular builds. Gia is aimed at creating more of an athletic physique.

• Bat22Bat22 Posts: 45

Tonight's HD sale makes me realize I'd still like one for Gia 6.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I admit I don't use genesis 2 characters at all these days. But sure.

Girl 7 could do with one, too, considering Guy 7 had one.

• Being a G2 character, I highly doubt you'll get an HD morph as a DAZ-O. One of the PAs might, but doubt that as well.

Given that the effects of the earlier -6 shape HD morphs and normal maps are identical (and the later -6 and -7 ones are almost identical), I would imagine that they could load up the hi-rez sculpted Gia6 they generated the Gia6 normal maps from and just export the HD morph from it. Should be a job of minutes. As the -6 shape with by far the lowest bodyfat percentage and therefore also by far the most definition it is ridiculous that there isn't a Gia6 HD when there are all the HD morphs for all the -6s that have body fat levels that leave virtually no definition worhty of HD on the entire figure other than lips and knuckles.

Luckily DS's Map Transfer tool at highest setting produces perfect conversions of the Gia normal maps to e.g. the Base female and V6 Uvs.