Sale Suggestions for DAZ

FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,050
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Maybe if someone is a Platinum Club member, the Platinum Club products could be excluded from the "sale" categories and search results if they are not in fact discounted, to save having to look through the same products over and over again.

Instead of constantly relisting the same products as being discounted, products could be listed as discounted no more than once a month, or once every 2 months, instead of listing them every time the sale changes. A lot of products keep showing up because one week they are from a particular PA's catalogue (sometimes 3 times at once if there are 3 artists who contibute to the product), and then they are something like "Science Fiction" related, and then again because they are associated with a New Release, and then again because selected V4 products are on sale. It's a real waste of time to have to look through hundreds of products when a lot of them have already just been discounted. Instead of making me feel like "oh great! something is on sale", I fell like "OMG, not that again, why don't they discount something that never gets discounted."

Comments

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

Fauvist said:
    Maybe if someone is a Platinum Club member, the Platinum Club products could be excluded from the "sale" categories and search results if they are not in fact discounted, to save having to look through the same products over and over again.

Instead of constantly relisting the same products as being discounted, products could be listed as discounted no more than once a month, or once every 2 months, instead of listing them every time the sale changes. A lot of products keep showing up because one week they are from a particular PA's catalogue (sometimes 3 times at once if there are 3 artists who contibute to the product), and then they are something like "Science Fiction" related, and then again because they are associated with a New Release, and then again because selected V4 products are on sale. It's a real waste of time to have to look through hundreds of products when a lot of them have already just been discounted. Instead of making me feel like "oh great! something is on sale", I fell like "OMG, not that again, why don't they discount something that never gets discounted."

If I had to make a wishlist for lists of items on sale, I'd like the site to automatically filter out every item I already own, or have that as an option in the sidebar at least. If the results can be filtered differently for different users (e.g. PC members/non-members), this would be a logical next-step addition, too.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Some of these ideas are why I built 3D Wishlist.

-- Morgan

• AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
    edited December 1969

If I had to make a wishlist for lists of items on sale, I'd like the site to automatically filter out every item I already own, or have that as an option in the sidebar at least. If the results can be filtered differently for different users (e.g. PC members/non-members), this would be a logical next-step addition, too.

I second that. In its entirety.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    edited December 1969

Third it. And add to that a "purchased" button under the item in the gallery so you don't have to click on every blasted one to see if you already own it. SIGH.