Moroccan Dreams problem

Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

In Carrara 8.5 Pro, when I fit Moroccan Dreams DOjelaba to an unmodified M4, the clothing folds back at the elbows. Tried this in two different Carrara scenes and still getting same behavior. Any ideas what's wrong and how to fix this? (was going to use clothing for animation, so need it behaving properly)

Thanks

MoroccanDreamsProblemM4.png
376 x 246 - 62K

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041
    edited December 1969

have you got limits turned off? does zeroing the figure (clothing) help?
    is it loaded from your runtime with figure selected or fitted to in scene?
    I have used this outfit in carrara C8.1 so know it works there will need to try in C8.5 for myself when on PC but have seen effect you show sometimes on other clothes with genesis.
    admittedly I run all my generation 4 outfits through morphing clothes first for Carrara and Poser so that might have fixed them.

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

well, this is a bit odd . . . but if I do a combination of Zero figure and Zero figure pose, the clothing eventually snaps into position properly - but the first or second zeroing makes the clothing adopt some odd intermediary poses with one of the two arms going to a new position - - -

it is following m4s movements correctly for now, but can't say I'll be surprised if it goes haywire at some point.

edited December 1969

well, this is a bit odd . . . but if I do a combination of Zero figure and Zero figure pose, the clothing eventually snaps into position properly - but the first or second zeroing makes the clothing adopt some odd intermediary poses with one of the two arms going to a new position - - -

it is following m4s movements correctly for now, but can't say I'll be surprised if it goes haywire at some point.

yes zeroing both figure and clothing first thing I try in C8.5 it seems to load some stuff not zeroed
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

yes its a pita, I bought it several years ago and posted about it

cant remember but one of the suggestions was to bring it into the scxene, zero it, then coform it, all while standing naked in a bucket of water while reciting halleyleujahsdavita backwards....

edited December 1969

Thanks for the tips. I never know if it's something I messed up or a bug in the program. Easy to fix with a few clicks, though. Once the clothing is fitting properly, does it seem to stay fixed? Or is it likely to get messed up during an animation? (this might affect whether or not I use this clothing for the current project I'm working on) I'd also considered going into the model room and turning everything past the elbow invisible. (wasn't sure if deleting the vertices would mess up the UV or if that's an option as well - seems like making invisible usually works, but not always)

Thanks as always for the help.

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    yes its a pita, I bought it several years ago and posted about it

cant remember but one of the suggestions was to bring it into the scxene, zero it, then coform it, all while standing naked in a bucket of water while reciting halleyleujahsdavita backwards....

I have found in the past that sacrificing virgin chickens can help with most technical problems.

I bought Moroccan Dreams too but I have never used it.

edited December 1969

at least it has plenty of handles you can add track modifiers to

Doc4.gif
    315 x 500 - 4M
    edited December 1969

hey Wendy -
    Would you mind explaining how you use the handles/track modifiers? I basically used the pose dials and adjustment modifiers to avoid poke through during animation - but would like to learn more efficient ways.

edited December 1969

pick front back, left right lower etc according to nearness of limbs and add a track modifier tracking that bone in x,y,z axis and rotation
    I hid the legs but for a more accurate job parent target helpers to those bones and track those
    then you can adjust the target helpers to avoid poke through

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited June 2014

pick front back, left right lower etc according to nearness of limbs and add a track modifier tracking that bone in x,y,z axis and rotation
    I hid the legs but for a more accurate job parent target helpers to those bones and track those
    then you can adjust the target helpers to avoid poke through

THANK GOD!! Someone else who understands the benefits of using target helpers and tracking! Sometimes I feel as if I'm pissing into the wind trying to explain the benefits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl5mq9Sdpwc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQhoy3hB9J0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkWBRuJlQhA

X-Mas_2013_Pinup02.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 939K
    Captured.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 594K
    Bikini-Car-wash-GI.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    Averting-Disaster02-PW.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by evilproducer on