Jeep Wrangler WIP

MikeyFTLMikeyFTL Posts: 367
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Time to start a new project. My first vehicle. Shouldn't take more than a year. Ugh.

grill.png
900 x 744 - 894K

Comments

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,314
    edited December 1969

that is a fantastic render - great realism!

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

great render but you need to scale up that front grill, it should be bit larger in comparison to the figure. I'm actually replacing that very part on mine this weekend.

• MikeyFTLMikeyFTL Posts: 367
    edited December 1969

great render but you need to scale up that front grill, it should be bit larger in comparison to the figure. I'm actually replacing that very part on mine this weekend.

Gotcha. It's not to scale just yet, but I have a loooooong way to go. I hope that since I actually own a Wrangler, it will make it easier to model.

Good luck with the grill replacement. I've been tempted to paint my grill flat grey, but I'm afraid I'll ruin it.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

the next car I model is the Rolls Royce Wraith. Needless to say I'm stuck on getting a pair of flip-flops to not look like cartoon shoes at this juncture in my modeling.

Have you considered a plastic bonding paint? I might do that with my new grill to keep it from getting destroyed again.
    I hit a phoenix because it rose up from my front grill after bashing a hole in my radiator but otherwise he looked fine and flew off.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited December 1969

...nice compositing there.

Someday I hope to get good enough at modelling to make one of these:

(...someday.)

scenicruiser.jpg
    600 x 375 - 27K
    edited December 1969

the next car I model is the Rolls Royce Wraith. Needless to say I'm stuck on getting a pair of flip-flops to not look like cartoon shoes at this juncture in my modeling.

Have you considered a plastic bonding paint? I might do that with my new grill to keep it from getting destroyed again.
    I hit a phoenix because it rose up from my front grill after bashing a hole in my radiator but otherwise he looked fine and flew off.

Is that similar to the plasti-dip paint? I considered using that but I hear it gets scratched and marked up easily.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...nice compositing there.

Someday I hope to get good enough at modelling to make one of these:

(...someday.)

Now that's an undertaking...especially if you model it inside and out.

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 467
    edited December 1969

MikeyFTL said:
    Time to start a new project. My first vehicle. Shouldn't take more than a year. Ugh.

LOL - I actually had to put on my glasses to be sure of what I was seeing - REAL or RENDER! Well done - because I got close and squinted a few time - that's a good sign!

edited December 1969

Mercedesk said:
    MikeyFTL said:

LOL - I actually had to put on my glasses to be sure of what I was seeing - REAL or RENDER! Well done - because I got close and squinted a few time - that's a good sign!

Thanks. I like to use real photos as backgrounds to add a bit of realism. I was kinda lazy and used a somewhat pixelated picture this time, but it did the job. And nothing makes DAZ3D models look better than Luxrender.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Watch the MythBusters episode on truck bed liner, they paint a whole car with it.. it's really amazing stuff and might be a good option.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/discovery-channels-hit-series-mythbusters-defends-against-explosions-and-vicious-dog-attacks-with-line-x-protective-coatings-135499003.html