Saving Separates As Outfits

Hello. How can I save separate clothing items as a whole outfit? For instance I paired a dress from one outfit with footwear from another. I want to save the separates as a whole outfit and a number of material presets. Then, I can load the outfit with one click and change the materials with one click. Ideas?

Comments

• Okay. I figured out that I have to save the separates as a "wearable", parenting the items first, then selecting each one at the save prompt. Now, I need to save the materials so they can all be applied with one click.
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,213

Load all the items and apply the appropriate materials. The clothing must be parented to the base figure, not just fit to it, like for the wearable preset. Select the base figure (root node) and save as Hierarchical Material(s) Preset. You will be presented with the same sort of dialog after choosing a name and location where to save. Deselect the base figure and any items that shouldn't be included (like eyelashes for Genesis 8) from the list. To apply, load the wearable preset, select the base figure and load the H.Material preset. You could also save separate wearable presets with different materials applied.

• Thanks, NorthOf45! H.Material was exactly the right solution.
  • faibolxfaibolx Posts: 71

Thank you both ! I was looking for this