Dynamics again! Still no way to scale dynamic clothing?

Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi all,

Months ago I made a similar topic about scaling being impossible in the dynamics plugin. Scaling anything will just result in the original scale appearing during the drape. The solution is to scale everything else up to make it look smaller, but this is tedious at best. Impossible if you have 2 dynamics you want at different sizes.

The X/Y scaling options inside the panel options are not an option, as those are even more convoluted and time-consuming than the other options.

Is there a third option I don't know of yet?

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

I use a combination of scaling from the Parameters dials to get a rough fit before draping, plus the X/Y scaling on the dynamics tab to get similar scaling during the drape. Note that this usually only works well when you select all the materials of the dynamic cloth at once. There are a few limitations; it's best not to shrink by too much, anything more than about 10% should be done in stages, and you can only shrink — every time I try negative shrink values to expand something, the drape fails.

Also, there are some dynamics that can tolerate scaling, some that only work with an animated drape starting from the T-pose, and some that crumple like sneezed-on tissue paper. There's not a lot more that can be done, the Optitex dynamics weren't really made to be scaled like this.