Poser dynamic clothing in C8.5

TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Some time ago I picked up a long black dynamic skirt for V4. (I don't have a reference for it as I'm not at home, and don't remember where I got it. But imagine a long narrow slit-front skirt that descends to about 8ft of train behind it)

Can I use this in Carrara and have it work with the physics engine? (I don't want to import a pre-generated sim - I want to do the shoe thing in Carrara, ideally) And is it likely the skirt would fit to V5 or V6?

The render I have in mind is the character on a wide marble staircase, with the dress flowing down the stairs.

Ta :)

Comments

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

No hope to use the physic engine with very elaborate objects and even less on characters high-resolution.
    If it is for a still image, make the pose in Poser, if it's animated, you must import as object sequence with the plugin DCG Importer for Carrara.

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Carrara's Bullet soft body is not a true cloth sim. In most cases you may find that dynamic clothes made for Poser are triangles and high poly - however Bullet does best with few polys and quads. Bullet can so some nice draping but people have had problems attempting to use it on "clothes" on rigged figures.

You won't know for sure until you try. ;)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041
    edited December 1969

the only thing that might work is temporarilly rig it by attaching skeleton selecting it and hip of another Daz figure and under animation tab at top attach skeleton or rig your own simple posing bones and attach, which would prob give better result less stretch.
    then roughly pose it to match, select just dress, export obj with morphs and skinning, reimport, add softbody modifier and bullet physics to motion and run sim.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited December 1969

I just watched a video about using Bullet Physics - yes, the same as in Carrara - in Poser:
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/tutorial_premium/index.php?page=info&tutorial=17

Interesting that the implementation is so different, the Poser version seems much faster and more interactive. It would be nice to see something like this in Carrara for Bullet and soft body dynamics.