Cripeman on Carrara 8.5

DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

This is a cool presentation, as our Super Hero goes directly from Carrara 7.2 into the mighty 8.5 and into the realms of Genesis.
I got Carrara 8 Pro beta as soon as I bought Carrara. So while I opened 7.2 a few times, I've never really become much aware of the differences between 7 and 8. The jump to 64 bit was enough for me to keep from using anything earlier than 8.

So it's really neat to see a trusted user, like Cripeman, to come right into 8.5 and see the improvements from a fresh, new 8.5 user perspective :)
Thanks Cripeman!

Thoughts on Genesis - By Cripeman

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

This is a cool presentation, as our Super Hero goes directly from Carrara 7.2 into the mighty 8.5 and into the realms of Genesis.
    I got Carrara 8 Pro beta as soon as I bought Carrara. So while I opened 7.2 a few times, I've never really become much aware of the differences between 7 and 8. The jump to 64 bit was enough for me to keep from using anything earlier than 8.

So it's really neat to see a trusted user, like Cripeman, to come right into 8.5 and see the improvements from a fresh, new 8.5 user perspective :)
    Thanks Cripeman!

Thoughts on Genesis - By Cripeman

pretty old post - over a year ago

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    edited December 1969

Yes, he seems pretty enthusiastic about Carrara Pro 8.5, due in part no doubt to having jumped from V.7. I myself am finally trying out 8.5 (its been sitting on the shelf for many months since I did not want to jump from 8.1 until after this year's 48 Hour Film contest).

One thing Cripeman mentioned that made me perk up was that 8.5 seems slow in rendering (although fast in Open GL previews). Since he never had 8.1, I guess he's comparing it to V.7. Anybody notice a slowdown versus 8.1? That would not be good for the two day type contests ... but I've still got 8.1 running on one fast machine.