Hello Brycers

BarbfmcBarbfmc Posts: 50
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Been away forever, it seems. Checking in on the MAC compatibility which isn't here yet. Still, I miss the old Bryce community and wanted to say hello.

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,284
    edited December 1969

Hey Barb - so nice to see you back. No native Mac compatibility yet but there are still quite a few on the Mac, either on OS 10.6 or with some Windoze emulating software.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited June 2014

I don't have a Mac, but I always believed there was some way they could support windows ;)

Jay

windowsmac.jpg
    425 x 392 - 24K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • BarbfmcBarbfmc Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

Hello Horo! So great to hear from you. How are you doing? Still creating gorgeous tools, I see. This really wasn't a harangue - just feeling a bit sad for the loss of camaraderie. I'm really not capable of gerrymandering my MAC. But I still have all my Bryce purchases, program, images; everything passing on to each new MAC iteration as an act of hope. :)

Barb

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,284
    edited December 1969

I see what you mean, Barb. I somehow never get tired proclaiming that the best thing about Bryce is its community. It makes me sad that DAZ 3D doesn't make any effort to make Bryce work again on the Mac. It did work when 7.1 came out but Apple decided a few weeks later to not support Rosetta anymore. The surprise was that this happened on a minor upgrade 10.6 to 10.7 and not on a major one, e.g. 11.0.

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 499
    edited December 1969

Hi Barb, good to hear from you again. I just posted how to pretty easily run the PC version of Bryce on the Mac. It's free, no Windows software need and unlike Bootcamp you can run your Mac apps right along with it.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/42274/

Jamahoney - now that's funny!

• GoshtacGoshtac Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi Barb

Nice to see you back - Hopefully Dan's info is some help to you so we get to see you back here frequently. ( I know what it is like to have been away from the Bryce community for awhile and it is sure great to be back with such a talented and friendly group of artists )

Bruce