When, When, When???

ScotsmanScotsman Posts: 9
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Dear Daz

I keep spending my money on your content/plug-ins for Carrara, so my simple question is when?

When can those people who have loyally supported your company over many years expect Carrara 9 to be issued.

If it is not at all, then at least have the decency to let us poor sods know before we waste any more of our money on plug ins etc etc.

I love the program so please give me some hope.

Yours Sincerely

Frustrated Scotsman

Comments

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited December 1969

We should at least have had a Carrara 8.5 update release that fixes the autofit that doesn't work and the enormous amount of time it takes to load any Genesis clothed figure. At first, Carrara 9 was scheduled for 2014 Q1. We're way past that now.

If you think you're going to get an answer from Daz about this, good luck! It looks to me like you're pretty much on your own.

• IamArtistXIamArtistX Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

Daz Soon ™ :vampire:

• Former DAZ CustomerFormer DAZ Customer Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

Hear, hear! I ♥♥♥ Carrara and am really hoping for these fixes soon!

(Oh, and PostgreSQL CMS integration, since that's a thing now.)

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

And better integration with Genesis and G2, and support for Poser weight mapping, and multithreading in the assemble room, and Poser weight map support, and imported textures without crazy silly bump maps, and proper dynamic clothing, and... and...

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    edited December 1969

argus1000 said:
    ... If you think you're going to get an answer from Daz about this, good luck! It looks to me like you're pretty much on your own.

Yup.

• IamArtistXIamArtistX Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    And better integration with Genesis and G2, and support for Poser weight mapping, and multithreading in the assemble room, and Poser weight map support, and imported textures without crazy silly bump maps, and proper dynamic clothing, and... and...

you forgot .dsa and .dsb file support so we could use DS files in Carrara without needing to convert them to .duf first :p