M4 socks

skaubleskauble Posts: 20
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is there any way to get basic wear socks to scale to size when you are making your M4 larger than normal. He's such a little guy next to Victoria ;-)

All the other basic wear scales independently but, not the socks. Did I miss a tutorial or something?

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited December 1969

Parameters Tab > Options > Show Hidden Properties.

• skaubleskauble Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

I don't believe Poser Pro has a tab like that.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2014

The socks only have an overall scale button for the various body parts, not separate scale by X Y and Z. In Poser 8 it is right at the bottom of the parameters list for each part.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    The socks only have an overall scale button for the various body parts, not separate scale by X Y and Z. In Poser 8 it is right at the bottom of the parameters list for each part.

There is a scale xyz on the shin of each foot but that is all. on the foot and toe it says scale but it doesn't expand out for a dial.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited June 2014

Pull down the scripts menu from the main menu bar. Click on Utilities. You should get a listing that includes unhide dials.

Or open up the Python palette from the main windows menu. Click on the Utilities button. You will get a second list of buttons. Click on unhide dials. If that body parts have hidden scale dials, they will show up in parameters palette.

If you are using the scale dials, scale all three at relatively the same percentage. Poser does not handle single axis scaling well.

Post edited by icprncss on
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    Pull down the scripts menu from the main menu bar. Click on Utilities. You should get a listing that includes unhide dials.

Or open up the Python palette from the main windows menu. Click on the Utilities button. You will get a second list of buttons. Click on unhide dials. If that body parts have hidden scale dials, they will show up in parameters palette.

If you are using the scale dials, scale all three at relatively the same percentage. Poser does not handle single axis scaling well.

Thank you, but.....
    There must be a lot of different dashboards in the Poser family. Yours sounded the most promising, but there is no unhide dial in my utilities. :shut:
    WHY MUST LIFE BE SO DIFFICULT??

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Ok, my bad because I have a mega list of python scripts (both my own and others who have written them).

Go here

http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=poserpython

Scroll down until you find the script for hiding and unhiding dials. Download it. It's free. Unzip it to your main Python folder in the main Poser runtime which is inside the main Poser app folder.

I suggest you unzip the folder and read the read me and look at the folder set up. If you pull down the scripts menu you will see a listing for partners. You get a fly out menu that will list Dimension3D. I usually install all D3D's scripts to that folder. Once you do that, you should be good to go.

If you go to the Poser section of Rendo's free stuff and look under utilities, you will find a large number of python scripts for a wide variety of the things available.

RuntimeDNA's Poser forum has the node cult which has some very useful Python scripts as well. Most are uncompiled so they will work in all versions of Poser.

You can even learn to write your own scripts.

edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    Ok, my bad because I have a mega list of python scripts (both my own and others who have written them).

Go here

http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=poserpython

Perfect... Thank you :cheese: