Cosmetics & Poses - Nails out now!

SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683

This huge nail texture and prop set is out now!

https://www.daz3d.com/cosmetics-and-poses--nails

The props all come with matching poses. Amongst the many nailtextures, there are presets for dirty nails, broken nails and chipped nails. I also included duo poses with matching poses to paint eachother's nails. Along the nailtextures, I included the toes as well. The props all have different texture/shader options so you can mix and match the look you are going for.
The desk and ottoman are also included and the desk has fully operational drawers end lights. I added the nailpolish tower from the main promo as well as spilled nailpolish, because we all have accidents, right?!
I had fun making this set and I hope it brings joy to your scenes as well!

Post edited by Sylvan on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,121

Personally, I think you should change the main promo so that it's more representative of what the product does. I almost didn't even click on it, because I don't need a product that just gives me more color options for nails, but when I saw some of the other promos, including chipped/bitten and dirty nails, I knew this was something I should have.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have a look to see if I can switch it to an image that is more representative!
    I tried to add more pictures here, but whenever I try to upload a picture, it just keeps pending.

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited July 2020

I love the set!

Here is one with chipped nails.

20_chipped nails.jpg
    723 x 904 - 492K
    Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
  • Another one, this is a fun set. Liquid morphs (look at the polishes, the cuticle oil, the nail gel or the polish remover), poses, chipped or dirty nails mats and so much more!

Hey, YOU, STOP! gallery link

• I'm getting multiple "following files could not be found" errors when I try to load the "CP 35 Chipped" material after loading the geo shell. When I check the filenames and folder paths for the missing files, I find they don't exist in the zip folder you get when you download the "manual install" option from Daz for the product. I installed the product using DazCentral. Missing files are:

1. default.dsf (shown in a pathway that doesn't exist: data/sylvan/boxes/bo used box/uv sets/sylvan/base/)
    2. used_box.jpg
    3. used_box_nrml.jpg

What do you think is going on, how do I correct this?

Thanks

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited August 2020

OK I may be wrong but the CP 35 Chipped is only an icon to let you know what you should do, you're not supposed to click on it. But if you do you're right it calls on Sylvan boxes. 

The Shell is loaded with CP 36 Geo Shell. I can see this being confusing.

Hope it helps. I love those chipped nails, they're great.

chipped nails

20_playing hte piano chipped nails.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 262K
    Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on

I'm getting multiple "following files could not be found" errors when I try to load the "CP 35 Chipped" material after loading the geo shell. When I check the filenames and folder paths for the missing files, I find they don't exist in the zip folder you get when you download the "manual install" option from Daz for the product. I installed the product using DazCentral. Missing files are:

1. default.dsf (shown in a pathway that doesn't exist: data/sylvan/boxes/bo used box/uv sets/sylvan/base/)
    2. used_box.jpg
    3. used_box_nrml.jpg

What do you think is going on, how do I correct this?

Thanks

Hi! yes, Xmasrose is right. It is an informational thumbnail that doesn't really do anything. I'll send in an update to correct it for calling the boxes file! Thanks for pointing it out and sorry for the inconvenience.

• Sylvan said:

Hi! yes, Xmasrose is right. It is an informational thumbnail that doesn't really do anything. I'll send in an update to correct it for calling the boxes file! Thanks for pointing it out and sorry for the inconvenience.

Ah, okay! Is that normal for an informational icon to be a "material"? I can't recall exactly, but yes it threw me! great product though, showed up just when I needed it! Now I see: the chipped toenails are perfect!

Thanks

Sylvan said:

Ah, okay! Is that normal for an informational icon to be a "material"? I can't recall exactly, but yes it threw me! great product though, showed up just when I needed it! Now I see: the chipped toenails are perfect!

Thanks

Glad you like it and thanks for your support! The update has been sent to DAZ. I hope it helps, have a great weekend!

• khryss666khryss666 Posts: 33

ok all goes well ... i apply geo shell in hands then the chipped material ... then the geo shell in feet ... then when i add the chipped material in feet the toenails go completely black ... and what i previously did on fingernails dissapears (also happens if i apply feet then hands just opposite) ... im running 4.16.0.3 ... do i need to update to fix that?

There should be an update out! Thanks for reaching out and for the DAZ team who responded swiftly <3