How to make Stained Glass Windows in 3D

Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
edited June 2014 in Carrara Discussion

A 3d modelling tutorial, but with a lot of photoshop in it.

Part of the forthcoming Ennis house model animation I am working on, this house was used in Blade Runner (although they rebuilt the internal scenes in a studio).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGB6nc1guog

Post edited by Sci Fi Funk on

Comments

• aspinaspin Posts: 219
    edited June 2014

nb photoshop is not free, they just dont check anymore on their site/in the program if you own a licence... but they write that you have to own a license to use this.

Thanks for all your tutorials.

Post edited by aspin on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

The confusion was that there were a couple articles posted by respected news sites (I think a Wall Street Journal tech writer wrote one) crowing about it. When I checked it out by following a link here and doing a Google search, I found most of the articles had been corrected to explain the license was for those that owned that version of CS2, and could not, for whatever reason upgrade. I would be in that boat as my hardware is a PPC based Mac and newer versions wouldn't work with it.

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited June 2014

Thanks Guys.

I've amended the video to say it is NOT free, and that initial reports saying it was have been corrected.

I've also bitten the bullet and bought CS5 Full retail version.

Thanks again.

Post edited by Sci Fi Funk on
  • cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583
    edited December 1969

Thanks Guys.

I've amended the video to say it is NOT free, and that initial reports saying it was have been corrected.

I've also bitten the bullet and bought CS5 Full retail version.

Thanks again.

You probably were able to get a good deal on that. I owned CS4, and then switched to Creative Cloud when it came time to for me to upgrade.

Purchasing an upgrade from CS4 to CS6 was just out of the question as they were asking for more than 60% of the full retail for the upgrade. Fortunately, the monthly fee based system works out to be much more more economical in the long run if you need to use a lot of Adobe apps.

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited December 1969

cdordoni said:

You probably were able to get a good deal on that. I owned CS4, and then switched to Creative Cloud when it came time to for me to upgrade.

Purchasing an upgrade from CS4 to CS6 was just out of the question as they were asking for more than 60% of the full retail for the upgrade. Fortunately, the monthly fee based system works out to be much more more economical in the long run if you need to use a lot of Adobe apps.

Yeah. I did. I already have After Effects but I don't need any of the other software. I use Sony Vegas for example.